Retail Accounting Assistant
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title:Retail Accounting Assistant
Location: US National
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Ascend is the leading provider of retail management systems and services to independent retailers across the world. Through our Best System. Best Support vision we partner with our customers to help them to grow, to maximize their profitability and to create data for making intelligent business decisions.
Ascend Retail Payroll Administrator
As a Retail Payroll Administrator your primary mission is to support our Ascend dealers by developing and growing the Ascend Payroll Service. You will own the payroll process end-to-end. Everything from onboarding new clients and their employees, processing retailer payrolls, ensuring our processes are efficient, accurate and documented, right through to the reporting and reconciliation of tax and other deductions.
Your secondary mission is to perform Retail Accounting Assistant duties supporting a team of accountants in providing full-charge accounting services across the US and Canada. This work will continue until the Payroll Administrator position achieves its full capacity and financial commitments. Assistant duties include but are not limited to verifying sales, cost of goods, deposits and inventory movements; keying and verifying supplier invoices; reconciling bank and credit card accounts; researching and correcting discrepancies; maintaining cash flows and communicating openly with Accountants on the status of client accounts.
You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone you work with. At Ascend we are all in the business of providing the best system and best support for our world-class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Processes accurate and timely payroll with corresponding reports from start to finish. This will include but is not limited to employee changes, preparation and submission of payroll and cycle completion activities including GL file preparation.
- Establishes process for creating and maintaining contracts.
- Meets financial commitments including location and profitability targets.
- Establishes an audit process to ensure accuracy of each payroll processed.
- Sets up and trains new client accounts.
- Ensures continuation of services plan is in place in the event of an absence.
- Ensures proper configuration of payroll and timekeeping systems, working with software representatives as necessary to set up features and create reports to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Acts as payroll system power user, being a resource for reporting and system issues.
- Responds timely to employee payroll related questions and when notified by court, handles employee garnishments.
- Advises clients of concerns with payroll issues relating to procedures, policies, improper calculations, payroll deadlines and other similar issues; works with clients to resolve such concerns.
- Maintains pay, employee and leave records and related information.
- Undertakes all coding related to salaries and other payments.
- Treats all payroll and human resources related activities in strictest confidence.
- 2 years start-to-finish payroll processing experience required. Multi-state payroll processing is highly encouraged.
- Proficiency in a similar payroll system and corresponding timekeeping system.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Must be highly attentive to detail and committed to accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be hospitality oriented.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and research issues independently.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts