Reinsurance Financial Data and Analysis Specialist
- USA Only
Title: Reinsurance Financial Data and Analysis Specialist
Location: United States
- This position can be 100% remote within the US with travel to MA once per quarter.
- In office is hybrid model, where only 2-3 days in office is required
The Reinsurance Administration Team is seeking a highly-engaged individual to join a dynamic and agile team environment. This individual will be someone who is organized, detail-oriented and excited to take accountability and ownership for their work.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for development and execution of reinsurance administration processes, meaningful analysis of results, and control execution for the reinsurance administration activities. The individual will report to the Head of Reinsurance Administration while collaborating with team members, legal, underwriting, claims, product teams, systems teams and partners across the CFO organization.
Reinsurance Administration is a small team responsible for the administrative and operational aspects of all reinsurance agreements across the company and is part of the larger Reinsurance Development team. We manage all of the operational relationships with our reinsurers. The team is focused on effectively administering all of our reinsurance agreements, implementing new agreements, developing efficient processes, optimizing the Company’s existing use of reinsurance, and collaborating across the organization.
We thrive on identifying solutions and executing, but also on effectively managing all our agreements, ensuring appropriate controls and governance around all aspects of reinsurance, serving as subject matter experts for the company, and continuous process and control improvement.
- Reinsurance provides essential support for nearly every product line at MassMutual, where the individual will have broad exposure across the company, and perform a function that directly impacts the company’s performance and provides critical support for key strategic initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Execution and analysis of reinsurance activities, supporting the quarterly financial close, and providing analysis of cashflow and reserve trends
- Ensure our administration processes adhere to treaty terms
- Implementation of new treaties
- Provide support for new products/system initiatives
- Understand and seek to improve dataflows
- Maintain internal controls and consistently improve upon a strong control environment
- Collaborate and partner with other MassMutual business units and corporate functions to ensure the accurate, timely and efficient submission of data and analysis required to reinsurers
- Contribute to our successful transition to new technology solutions to automate and improve our processes
- Identify and implement process improvements that increase the business value and efficiency of the team
The Minimum Qualifications
- An individual with at least 7 years of reinsurance experience in the life, health or annuity insurance industry with related experience to work on administration and process execution activities
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a Mathematics, Finance or Computer/Data Science or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organization, communication and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across cross-functional groups
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Competencies – accountability, agility, business acumen, communication, courage, development, inclusion, leading others, resilience and self-awareness
The Ideal Qualifications
- Experience with programming language such as visual basic or SQL is helpful as are experience with tools such as Alteryx, Alation and Microstrategy
- Experience with SAP, include data extraction, a plus
- Mainframe programming a plus: EZ Plus, COBOL, Fortran
- Strong math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to proactively take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion
- Ability to perform independent research and prepare analyses of the impact
- Experience using insurance data and information to analyze and communicate the implications on financial results
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Reinsurance Development Team and partners across CFO
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager, The Head of Reinsurance Administration
- Active participation and collaboration in team huddles and problem solving sessions
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, Veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits