At TutorMe, we're here to level the academic playing field by empowering students to get the on-demand support they need to achieve their academic goals. Our mission is to make learning fun, engaging, and equitable for all students. We believe in providing learners with the right teachers, tools, and motivation so they can thrive no matter their circumstances.
As the market leader in online tutoring, we have created a cutting-edge online education platform where over 15,000 expert tutors in 300+ subjects can share their knowledge with students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles. Since 2013, TutorMe has been a trusted resource for K-12 school districts, higher education institutions, employers, and nonprofits, supporting over 1.5 million students (and counting!) by providing on-demand 24/7 help with subjects ranging from Algebra to Aerospace Engineering. Join us in the online learning revolution and be a part of a team that's increasing education equity for all students!
Reporting directly to the VP of Sales, the Proposal Specialist will be responsible for managing the complete life cycle of RFPs for TutorMe, from monitoring and actively prospecting for new RFP opportunities to creating polished and professionally written responses to RFPs from educational institutions in North America.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead the writing, editing, and project management of deal-advancing RFP responses
- Create unique branded messaging for RFPs around product functionality and effectively communicate features and benefits
- Identify developing trends and key product gaps across RFPs to inform product development and RFP prioritization
- Vet incoming RFP opportunities for scope of service, deliverables, and product gap
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure timely completion of RFPs
- Serve as the primary point of contact to facilitate conversations with the necessary stakeholders to obtain appropriate technical information for responses
- Facilitate the collection of business form requirements and coordination of vendor registrations with State and Procurement Departments
- Utilize RFP management software, such as Loopio, to project manage and automate processes
- Create and monitor an RFP tracking and submission schedule to ensure all projects stay on track
- Submit the RFP response per the requirements made by the issuer (e.g. mailing hard copies, flash drives, etc.)
- Ensure content library remains up to date and on-brand with product content and talking points
- Provide occasional content production and project support for additional product, sales, and channel marketing needs
- Track win/loss data and responses (including government records requests) to create monthly scorecards highlighting learned insights and measuring the impact of RFP support and performance
- Protest and dispute a contract award if competitive bidding standards were violated
- Uphold and embody TutorMe's mission, vision, and values
- Bachelor's degree required; English, Journalism, Communications, or related field, preferred
- 3+ years of technical writing experience within an RFP process
- 2+ years project management experience
- 1+ years in the educational or educational technology space
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-driven and energetic team player
- Affinity to deliver projects in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Familiarity with the public and private education system is a plus
- A strong understanding of the education technology landscape; ability to understand technical terminology and translate technical information into non-technical language
- Competitive base salary, excellent commission structure, & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of free online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we will provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that's helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but you're up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.