- USA Only
- 1 applicant (10%)
Job Title : Proofreader
Employment Type: Full Time
The proofreader is responsible for reading content for grammar, style and brand, and for validating the accuracy and completeness of changes and content to all documentation produced by the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with designers, art directors, marketing managers and production to provide proofreading services as a function in creating timely and professional marketing documents.
- Correct grammatical, typographical or compositional errors in original copy.
- Validate the accuracy and completeness of changes to all documentation produced by the agency.
- Provide precise and timely review of marketing materials for accurate use of logic, composition, style and brand.
- Must be able to check, monitor and maintain brand consistency.
- Work with marketing managers and art directors to make copy refinement recommendations when appropriate or necessary.
- Work with art directors to offer minor design recommendations when appropriate or necessary.
- Assist in maintaining consistency and standards in language and format by working with publishers, clients and business partners.
- Provide content for style guides as needed to drive consistency across all materials.
- Maintain a working knowledge of investment products and services.
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of work under tight deadlines.
- Continually expand awareness of current advertising trends, advertising and brand strategy, and company goals.
- Act as partner, maintaining solid relationships with clients and others in the agency.
Skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity with Associated Press Stylebook.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to focus for long periods.
- Excellent command of the English language, coupled with an ability to recognize proprietary writing styles.
- Significant knowledge of layout, design and typography.
- The ability to electronically mark up PDFs with changes.
- Service-oriented and focused on satisfying the needs of the greater department.
- Sound judgment and decision making.
- Proven ability to institutionalize error-free process.
Education & Experience
- English or related degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of proofreading experience, ideally in a financial services setting.
Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Make sure you are using the latest version of your browser.
Diversity Inclusion & Customer Service Statement
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.