Procurement Associate II
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Procurement Associate II
USA (Any) Full time
Job Requisition Id: Requisition – 2022200053
FHI 360 staff working in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of the type of project or client they serve, or of their employment status (full/part-time, remote, telework, or in-office), unless an accommodation applies. FHI 360 complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Supports activities related to the procurement of goods, professional services, and contract agreements for FHI 360 Programs. Coordinates procurement activities to support Program requirements. Submits and processes Purchase Orders and Program Lease Agreements. Provides guidance to Program staff on corporate policies and procedures for procurement activities.
Position may be based virtually, with a preference for the USA East Coast time zone.
- Procure equipment, materials, services and supplies necessary for operation of the organization.
- Review and process Lease Agreements for Program field offices and expat residential housing.
- Receives, examines, and processes Costpoint Requisitions and associated documentation, and reviews staff requests to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Assists with developing bid specifications for sourcing initiatives, and Requests for Quote.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among suppliers.
- Analyzes quotations received, compares costs, selects, or recommends suppliers, and schedules deliveries.
- Effectively provides guidance and advise to staff on corporate procurement policies and procedures.
- Contacts suppliers to obtain product information, negotiate contract terms and conditions, schedule or expedite deliveries. Resolve issues to ensure contract terms and program needs are met.
- Generates Purchase Orders and arranges timely procurement and delivery of goods and services.
- Works with shipping agents and freight forwarders to assure timely receipt of goods in field locations
- Interacts with internal and external customers to ensure procurement activities within functional areas are met and comply with government regulations and corporate policies.
- Prepares, maintains, and reviews procurement files, reports, and contractor agreements
- Verify that all procurements are approved and executed in accordance with applicable client requirements and FHI 360 Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of Procurement activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills, and well organized with attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Enjoys working on many diverse tasks with different staff from across the organization
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite or products and computer software skills.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are diverse in scope and require evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Presents evidence and suggests solutions.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives instructions on new assignments, and ongoing on-the-job guidance and instruction.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
- High School / GED Diploma or international equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain preferred
- Typically requires 3-5 years of procurement and administrative support experience.
- Able to effectively communicate in a clear, professional, and positive manner with clients and staff both verbally and in writing,
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) and USAID contracts preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to work in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
Technology to be Used:
- Laptop, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator
- Less than 10%
** Or equivalent education or experience
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.