- USA Only
Title: Procurement Analyst
Location: Denver, CO; New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA, Remote
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
As the Procurement Specialist at Gusto, you will have the exciting opportunity to assist in the development and rollout of the Procurement function. We are looking for someone who can collaborate effectively with our internal business partners and also partner closely with Accounting, Legal, Finance and Procurement counterparts.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Assist in contract review process to ensure compliance and input from all relevant partners including Finance and Legal
- Assess supplier proposals including compliance with procurement guidelines, company policies, and alignment with strategic company objectives
- Monitor supplier performance through the life of the contract; Find opportunities to drive value through improvements in supplier performance
- Understand business objectives so as to generate project information, action items, schedule, and deliverables for the team.
- Follow up on requisitions in P2P system considered aged or still pending approval, taking appropriate action to reconcile, cancel, or prompt the right people to take action
- Review all POs that have recently closed.
- Update Wiki/FAQ and training-related resources
- Assist team in ad-hoc procurement and sourcing projects as needed.
- Consistently field inquiries from internal staff and subsequently train those employees on procurement policies and best practices.
- Assist in vendor negotiations including business terms and Service Level Agreements to drive efficiencies to scale.
- Automates procedures and process to streamline activities and report trends and metrics to business units (segments) supported
- Assist in Month End close processes
- Assist in PO to Invoice reconciliation with Accounts Payable team
- Identify and communicate areas of improvement in purchasing process and support the further development of procedures and policies.
- Lead the vendor onboarding and/or consolidation process for new Mergers and Acquisitions
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in a similar role or capacity
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Experience with Coupa required
- Experience with procurement systems implementations
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $78,000 – $97,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $95,000 – $118,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.