- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Payroll Specialist (Remote)
REMOTE, REMOTE, UNITED STATES
G&A FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
Yelp is seeking a Payroll Specialist to support processing and the on-going building and improving of payroll functions. This is a hands on position responsible for all payroll and related responsibilities. You will work closely with Finance and HR functions.
The Payroll Specialist will ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll and must have strong communication skills, customer service orientation, and attention to detail. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and have exposure with team members at all organizational levels within Yelp.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This is a full-time role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will prepare and process biweekly multi state payroll for 5000+employees in US and Canada
- You will act as payroll lead for monthly and quarterly commission payrolls
- You will perform lead responsibilities for quarterly Stock/RSU payrolls
- You will manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- You will reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate against confirmed reports
- You will assist manager in performing audits for Monthly/Quarterly/Year-end Payroll Close process
- You will perform daily tax balancing functions
- You will ensure payroll is processed in compliance with multi state wage and hour laws; perform auditing for state and local, lived-in/worked-in state taxation and SUI wage reporting
- You will process miscellaneous off cycle checks including final paychecks, severance, etc.
- You will work with Internal People and Benefits teams on overpayment calculations and clawback process
- You will resolve internal/external employee inquiries via ticketing system in a timely manner
- You will generate ad hoc reporting for internal auditing and other teams (Global Mobility, Legal, People Business Partners, etc.,)
- You will perform audits and research for compliance with unclaimed property payroll checks
- You will perform HCM/Payroll system testing on newly implemented codes and processes
- You will partner with internal teams to perform various audits (401k NDT, 5500 testing)
- You will manage employee garnishments, reconciliation and payments
What It Takes to Succeed:
- You have a minimum 5 years full-cycle payroll experience (Required)
- You have experience utilizing payroll platforms, Workday Payroll, Workday Timekeeping and ADP Tax Smart Compliance
- You are able to prioritize multiple projects, goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have a strong understanding of payroll related deductions (Commuter Benefits, FSA, ESPP, 401k contributions, Stock transactions etc.)
- You have a solid understanding of Federal, State and Local tax
- You are highly analytical, with demonstrated problem solving skills
- You have garnishment experience
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- You have experience with Google Suite
- You are able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- You have the ability to work with team members at all levels in a remote first environment
- You have a college degree (preferred)
- You hold a FPC/CPP (preferred)
What You’ll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Compensation range is $41,000-68,000 annually. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits.