- USA Only
Payroll Specialist-Remote in the US
Location: Atlanta, GA, US, 30301
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is an infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, mining, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, Seequent’s leading geosciences software portfolio, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $800million in 172countries.
Bentley Systems is seeking a Payroll Specialist with a positive attitude who will partner with our Payroll Manager as well as other members of our Finance and HR teams to process US and Canadian payroll. If you are a team player who is comfortable working independently, then we want to hear from you!
Location: This position is remote based from a home office in the US in the Eastern or Central time zone.
- Reporting to the Manager of Payroll, the Payroll Specialist will play an integral role on the payroll team; working through complex issues, transactions, and projects independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional team members
- This position is hands-on and requires attention to detail, timeliness, and customer service.
- Manage the Canada processing of bi-weekly payroll for 400+ EE’s (and growing) exempt and non-exempt employees in the multi-province environment using WFN (Canada )
- Provide full backup support to process U.S. payroll, Utilizing ADP Vantage.
- Ensures that accuracy and integrity of all data entered into the system. Process employee data changes, new hires, rehires, terminations-last pay, position changes, and compensation changes/retros. Cross-check changes from other payroll team members for accuracy.
- Audit Canada/US payroll employee data against HR system for accuracy and make necessary changes.
- Process JE’s through ADP, reconcile, and load to GL system.
- Compile required data for IPE’s (Information produced by the entity), IPE’s are produced for bonus payments, hourly hours, and full payroll audit after payroll is processed to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in managing and maintaining payroll email inbox, handling employee payroll inquiries. Ability to independently research, problem solve, and offer detailed responses.
- Research and close payroll state account for all Acquisitions.
- Apply for local taxes.
- Process Canada WC monthly, quarterly and annual payments (year-end reconciliations)
- Process Canada RRSP payments, monthly.
- Review verification of employment processing using The Work Number.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with all federal, state, province, and local payroll regulations.
- Assist with garnishment processing from interrogatories through payment distribution.
- Assist in annual audits.
- Assist with AD-HOC reporting, annual audits, periodic Finance projects.
- Work closely with the payroll manager on system evaluations and upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position’s function
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years payroll experience using ADP, Ceridian, UKG.
- Multi-state US payroll experience required.
- Experience in a mid to high-volume payroll department.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge and understanding of SOX compliance and IPE’s as it relates to HR/Payroll.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, laws, practices, and procedures within the payroll field including federal and state labor and tax laws.
- Canadian payroll experience is strongly preferred.
- Confidentiality and tact in dealing with sensitive employee information.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, handle multiple priorities and meet critical payroll deadlines.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Bentley has implemented several safety protocols to protect our colleagues, users, and wider communities. Given our status as a government contractor, at some point in the coming year, all U.S. colleagues, regardless of work location or employment type, may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Exemptions will be available as a reasonable accommodation for those who are unable to meet the vaccination requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected characteristic. This commitment extends to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, and training. EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement documents that provide additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law.
Bentley Policy on EEO, Affirmative Action and Pay Transparency Non- Discrimination https://prod- bentleycdn.azureedge.net/-/media/files/documents/careers/bentley-eeoaa- statement-of-policy.pdf?la=en&modified=20211005082651
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en E-Verify / Right to Work Notice https://prod- bentleycdn.azureedge.net/-/media/files/documents/careers/e-verify- poster.pdf?la=en&modified=20210929150033
Request an Accommodation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Bentley is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We encourage you to request reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.