Title: Payroll Associate
Location: San Diego, California; United States
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Our Finance and Accounting Team is looking for a Payroll Associate! The Payroll Associate will assist in accurate processing of semi-monthly, bi- weekly, international payrolls and work closely with our People Operations team.
What you will be doing:
- Process payrolls that includes importing, proofing, editing, and transmitting all payroll wages, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses, commissions as well as any corrections to previous payrolls and terminations.
- Work closely with our third-party international payroll providers.
- Prepare journal entries related to all payrolls.
- Setting up of state and local jurisdictions for payroll tax reporting, respond to tax notices.
- Assist in the month-end close process.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and People Operations in a timely manner.
- Review, approve and process of employee expense reimbursements that are inline with our company Travel and Entertainment policy.
What you bring to the team:
- Degree in accounting, business, or a related field preferred
- Experience working in payroll or a similar role
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products intermediate/advanced excel
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well asan optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program