Payments Associate (Contractor)
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Payments Associate (Contractor) to join our team, reporting to the * _Sr. Manager, Donation Processing_. As the *Payments Associate (Contractor), you will be a key participant in the online fundraising team’s year-round, multilingual fundraising and engagement campaigns. We strive to reach each donor with their preferred payment option in countries, currencies, and languages around the world. The Payments Associate (Contractor) will work with the Online Fundraising team supporting the operational part of processing global donations, ensuring all improvements are tracked and documented, legitimate donations are settled, and that the team is up to date on our latest authorization rates. In this role, you will be a critical part of providing a localized and stable payments environment to our Wikipedia readers and donors, and support part of a seamless end to end donation experience.
You are responsible for:
- Looking for false negatives and false positive fraud in our system, and settling erroneously stopped donations
- Tracking and documentation of payment authorization rates, decline analysis and information for reconciliation reports
- Processing disputes and refunding chargebacks and fraudulent donations with payment providers
- Updating Reconciliation monitoring reports
- Maintaining a list of open issues by Payment Provider
- Auditing open technical issues to ensure they are visible and addressed before campaigns
- Maintaining and improving payments documentation
- Reviewing provider invoices so they align with negotiated contract billing rates
- Data gathering support for analysis
Skills and Experience:
- Detail-oriented and a fact checker
- 1-3 years of experience
- Comfortable in Excel (or spreadsheets)
- Organized, efficient, and consistently meets deadlines
- A team player with strong communications skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within a large team distributed across multiple time zones and with varying degrees of technical proficiency.
The Wikimedia Foundation is…
…the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax- exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.