Patient Accounts Receivable Collector
- North America
Title: Patient AR Collector
- Location: Remote – United States
Position is responsible for collecting patient and payer balances. The duties include but are not limited to the follow-up of accounts, verifying and updating information and assisting in completing special projects during month-end and year-end financial reporting process.
- Follow-up on open balances listed on monthly AR reports.
- Review and update patient demographics and payer information as necessary for completion of claims payment.
- Verify balances to turnover to the designated collection agency and update the account as turnover to collections.
- Review credit balances for refund request form completion and notates the accounts.
- Responsible for transferring balances and printing claims and/or patient statements.
- Generate correspondence to payers and patients such as appeals, payments and authorization requests.
- Document all communications regarding account balance follow-up in the patient account.
- Attend in-services, seminars and webinars for additional education and performance improvement.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
Successful candidate will pass a background check and drug screen.
- High school education or GED with minimum of two (2) years’ experience in accounts receivables collections preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and managed care billing guidelines is required.
Must have excellent time management skills and be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set forth in federal or state regulations.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to complete the online application consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.