Operations / Financial Analyst
- 17 applicants (19%)
Airdev’s mission is to create and deploy the world’s top no-code talent.
For many decades, only coders could build custom software. Now, as no-code platforms gain prominence, talented non-coders have an opportunity to enter the world of software development.
Where does Airdev fit in? We find, vet, and train the best no-code developers. Then we staff them on client projects, which allows these developers to build production-grade applications for clients that range from 1-person startups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Our clients benefit because this approach is drastically faster and cheaper - they can envision products and have them built in weeks instead of years.
About the Operations / Financial Analyst role
Our business requires us to manage complex interactions with two key groups of people - clients, who pay us to build custom software for their company, and no-code developers, whom we pay to build software for our clients’ projects. To manage these interactions, we have built a custom application that serves as our operational hub and integrates with external sales and analytics tools. All of this results in a trove of operational and financial data.
We’re looking for someone who can help us glean insights from this data to drive continuous improvement of our operations. In addition we are looking for someone who will take ownership of financial transactions with our stakeholders as well miscellaneous compliance/legal tasks.
Specifically you will:
- Set up financial processes and procedures, ensuring that they are aligned with accounting best practices
- Manage the process of issuing payments to our global network of freelance partners
- Perform accounting reconciliation and generate financial statements
- Take charge of compliance and legal tasks as needed - registering us with states, working with outside counsel, etc.
- Deliver insights into opportunities for process improvement based on analysis of key performance metrics and raw data
- Create database queries and analytics dashboards to provide visibility into key operational metrics throughout the organization
Things we look for
We value a mix of hard and soft skills, as well as alignment to our core values, in all of our people. Some specific qualities for this role include:
- 2+ years experience in an analytical role: While a variety of backgrounds and experience might be relevant to this role, we are looking for someone with a track record of delivering results in a professional setting
- Experience with financial processes: This position will have some accounting duties, so you should have experience with financial processes and ideally (but not necessarily) a CPA
- Data analysis skills: This position will have responsibility for writing queries to access raw data and building visualizations based on the results, so hands on experience with SQL and/or a data visualization platform would be helpful.
- Excellent communication skills: The role will spend a large portion of their time working with stakeholders across Airdev, so the ideal candidate should be clear and structured in both verbal and written communication.
- Balance between strategy and execution: The ideal candidate should be able to take both a 10,000 ft view of a problem (e.g. what metrics should we be monitoring?) and a 1 ft view of the problem (e.g. what specific field do I need to include in this SQL query?).
- Proclivity for tinkering and setting up systems: We believe in setting up low-overhead systems to help us manage every part of our work, so the ideal candidate should enjoy tinkering with such systems.
- Interest in no-code: Our work centers around building custom software without code, so excitement about the no-code movement is helpful to ensure that the role is rewarding.
- Organization and track record of getting things done: This role requires creating dashboards other team members will use to make decisions, as well as managing key processes related to payments and cash flow. So the ideal candidate should be able to tackle and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining a strong eye for detail.
- Love of intellectual & creative challenges: The way our firm operates is very unique in the industry, so the ideal candidate should be able to solve challenges that arise in creative and unconventional ways.
*Diversity and Inclusion at Airdev
Airdev is on a mission to make software development more accessible to diverse groups of people and organizations. We value diversity in our customers, partners and employees and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where we provide equal opportunities to all employees, partners and applicants without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, neurodiversity, disability, or any other protected status under federal, state and local law. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace starting from our hiring and continuing in all parts of our organization.