- USA Only
- 1 applicant (8%)
at Pangaea (View all jobs)
Pangaea is on a mission to connect consumers around the world with brands they love. We believe that what you buy is an expression of who you are. By empowering brands to reach a global scale, we’re building a smaller, more expressive world.
We collect and analyze consumer purchase and behavioral data to create premium, international-first brands for the world’s fastest growing e-commerce markets. Our brands are built on a proprietary internationalization platform with competencies across warehousing/logistics, globally distributed performance creative, compliance and payments.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve sold our products in 100 different countries. We have grown to over 100 employees and contractors across several locations in the world. Backed by Google’s AI Gradient Ventures, we’re a rapidly growing startup poised to become a leader in the Direct to Consumer industry. We secured Series B funding in the summer of 2021 and are poised to continue rapid growth.
We are looking for an Operations Analyst to lead and scale our global logistics network. You will work closely with our carriers, global third-party logistics providers (3PLs), and internal software and data teams. It will require fast paced problem solving, innovative thinking, and startup flexibility. A successful candidate will be self-driven, versatile, and flexible.
- Interface with warehouses located around the world to create scalable operations improvements working with their WMS, staff, and billing
- Quickly become an expert in multiple warehouse software systems and work closely with internal engineering teams to connect the systems and provide analysis
- Manage and monitor the performance of many freight and parcel shipments, while developing reporting and processes to streamline
- Address escalations from support teams and develop documentation and self-service tools that can be utilized internally
- Diagnose and address customs clearance issues and work with external clients
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, or engineering
- 2+ years in fulfillment, business operations, or analytics at high-growth tech/operations company, consulting, or investment banking
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones but primarily in EST/CST hours
- Analytical and precise problem solver
- High acumen; able to rapidly learn many subject matters
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills; solves immediate problems with a bent towards building long term solutions
- History of Process Documentation and Improvement
- Willingness to jump in and figure things out even when outside of your specific scope / comfort zone
- Experience working with 3PLs and fulfillment centers
- Quantitative or technical skills e.g. SQL, Python, math
- Experience with freight, customs, taxes, or product compliance
- Experience with high volume Ecommerce small pack shipping
Compensation and Benefits :
The reasonably estimated annual base salary for this role ranges from $50,000.00 to $70,000.00. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience and location. Details of participation in benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Additionally, our goal is to provide Pangaeans with an excellent benefits experience that enhances their physical, mental and financial health and well being. These benefits are thoughtfully designed and curated to ensure that our employees are fully equipped to help us build. Some benefits include:
- Health insurance : Pangaea offers medical, dental, and vision insurance plans. Out of three amazing medical plans, we cover 100% for the first plan for employees and 90% of the monthly premium for two higher coverage plans. We also provide 75% of the monthly premium for family coverage.
- Wellness : We provide free membership to health and wellness apps such as Gympass (live and virtual fitness classes), Ginger (behavioral health coaching, therapy and psychiatry) and Carrot (fertility, family planning and pregnancy support).
- A LOT of time off : Pangaea recognizes up to 14 paid holidays per year (exact number varies by country). We also have 6 additional “Pangaea Fridays” throughout the year where employees can get a head start on their weekend and take the whole day off. Lastly, we have a flexible time off policy and trust our employees to take vacation when they need it!
- Staff discount : All staff members are given $100 of credit per month to use on Pangaea products so that they can try, own (and love!) all the products we sell.
Please note that some benefits vary by country.