New Business Director
Title: New Business Director
Join us as Ceros embarks on the next chapter in our mission to unlock creativity. Ceros is evolving into the essential design platform for professional creatives the world over. Our suite of cloud-based tools empower professional creators to push the boundaries of creativity, while our collaboration tools make it easy to get everyone involved in the process.
Today, our products power some of the most engaging experiences on the web. In 2021 alone, interactive content created with Ceros Studio from landing pages and pitch decks to interactive social media has been viewed more than half a billion times. In the meantime, more than 3 million comments have been added to digital content using Markup, our new visual collaboration tool.
Working at Ceros means having an impact at scale. Our products and services are leveraged by top tier brands such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull or Pinterest and are loved by more than 500,000 users. And we are building something even bigger and better: the creative operating system of the future.
We are backed up and well-funded by top-tier investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
We are remote first forever with a 4 day workweek that finishes every Friday at 1pm.
Simply put, your mission is to sell new subscriptions for Ceros. On that mission, you will be expected to identify, negotiate and close deals with a wide range of organizations in order to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual quota in an assigned industry vertical. Prospecting, running client meetings and conducting meticulous follow-up are some of the activities you will lead for the company. As a New Business Director, you will be paired with a dedicated SDR and you will work closely with them, our sales leaders, and other team members. You should be wildly ambitious, talented and passionate in all that you do; you should live to sell, and love to evangelize disruptive technology products you believe in.
Ultimately, you should take ownership and responsibility for hitting key activity metrics, prospecting and closing sales. Be your own CEO, own your business, be empowered, and win!
- Consistently meet/exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Identify and fill the customer needs better than anyone in the market place; Sandler selling method experience is a plus
- Deliver client-centric product demos and have complete ownership of the customer experience
- Experience with a hands-on pilot-to-subscription sales model and selling to marketing organizations preferred, but not required
- Qualify relentlessly, negotiate deals, and expertly manage the sales process to ensure accurate forecasting
- Manage multiple deals at the same time and be able to navigate complex client organizations with the highest level of sales professionalism
- Maintain the highest levels of integrity, authenticity and honesty
- Use smart/modern techniques when prospecting into your key accounts
- Act as a liaison for customer and prospect feedback to the business and product owners
- Ensure that all new customers are properly transitioned into Customer Success team
- Continually stay abreast of key industry developments in marketing, design and technology
- Uphold company values and embrace team culture
- Must be able to travel as required
Practical stuff we anticipate you having:
- Minimum 2 plus years’ sales closing experience carrying a quota
- Managed a territory in a direct business-to-business sales function (MarTech/SaaS preferred)
- Proven track record of consistent sales quota achievement
- Experience selling a disruptive product with a long-tail strategic impact
What we’re looking for from the heart:
- Team-player mentality
- Passion, enthusiasm, energy, humor, and the ability to convey this through communication and presentation skills.
- Intellectually curious; you want to understand everything about our customers & market opportunity.
- Intrinsically-motivated you want to win because that’s how you are built.
- Strong network of contacts and excellent communication skills confidence to build relationships at all levels.
Key things to know
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- This is a remote first role; travel periodically to our NY offices and visit clients
- To prove you’ve read this fully, tell us one thing you see as key in sales
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Wellness Fridays (Half Day Fridays)
- Excellent gear (Macbook Air, external monitor, etc.)
- Stipend for the home office set up
- Growth and Learning opportunities within the company
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.