MLS Compliance Specialist
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8)
Sierra Interactive is a leading real estate technology platform serving thousands of real estate agents, teams and brokers across the US and Canada. In business for more than 10 years, we are self-funded, financially independent, profitable and high-growth. We have more than doubled our client base over the past two years and now integrate with nearly every MLS and Board of Realty in North America...and that's where you come in.
As an MLS Compliance Specialist, you will help us manage a healthy and continually growing client base and learn the inner ecosystem of Multiple Listing Service and real estate listing data feeds.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be exceptionally well organized, results focused and goal oriented, with strong attention to detail. Prior experience in real estate is very helpful but not required. You will need to enjoy working with customers, and you will need to understand how to troubleshoot issues and manage multiple tasks throughout each day and week.
Description / Job Function
This is a full-time, fully remote position.
Your primary role will be supporting the MLS Compliance team. You will manage relationships with our clients, our development team and boards of realty, acting as a liaison to help establish new data feeds, update existing data feeds, and certify new client approval for data feed access.
In this role, you will:
- Master the process of MLS compliance through which new clients are granted approval to include MLS listing data on their websites
- Learn and understand the process through which MLS data feeds are updated and maintained within the Sierra Interactive platform, first becoming proficient in managing MLS criteria requests on behalf of clients, and eventually becoming proficient in the setup of new MLS data feeds from start to finish
- Develop strong positive relationships with our contacts at different boards of realty and data feed providers, working with these contacts to answer client questions and proactively plan feed updates and migrations as required by feed providers
- Handle any feed display or compliance issues when requested to do so by data feed providers
- Assist our sales team in answering questions from prospective new clients about data feed coverage
- Test and verify data feed updates
- Communicate escalated issues with our development team
- Perform research to determine possible solutions in order to select the best solution for a specific problem
- Identify areas for improvement in the tools, processes and system-at-large
You're ready to contribute to the work and culture of a growing tech startup, in that:
- You're a positive, upbeat self-starter who works well on a team
- You're organized and able to juggle multiple priorities at one time. You have the ability to switch gears quickly and re-adjust your focus as needed.
- You possess strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- You have a high level of digital literacy including web technologies, project management technologies, and help desk software
- You're excited at the prospect of mastering a subject and working in it day to day
- Your writing skills are top notch. You have an engaging, conversational style and a solid grasp of grammar.
- You've earned a high school diploma / GED or have equivalent work experience
As a bonus (though not required):
- Some knowledge of real estate (MLS, terminology, regional differences)
- BA/BS a plus - current students will be considered
- Good understanding of North American geography
- Past experience working remotely
Starting pay for this role depends on experience. Benefits are available contingent upon completion of a 30 day on-boarding period and include:
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage. Full cost covered for employee, and option to add spouse / partner and dependents.
- Matching 401k retirement plan contributions (up to 4% employer match)
Something else that’s important to you? Talk to us. We’re flexible and committed to providing a healthy work environment where great people can thrive.