Market Optimization Manager – Energy
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Market Optimization Manager Energy
San Francisco, California
Remote – US
Los Angeles, California
job requisition id
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, with over 1 billion square feet in 19 countries, over $200B of gross AUM. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create a competitive advantage. As a top ranked U.S. company among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Market Optimization Manager Energy
Prologis is seeking an ambitious and passionate Market Optimization Manager to scale our energy offerings, with a strong focus on building a utility-scale BESS portfolio. You will be a valued resource on the power marketing team and lead valuation and market strategies for a standalone BESS portfolio across the US. Strong experience with wholesale energy markets and knowledge of both regulated and deregulated markets is required. This position can be remote/hybrid, based at one of our 30+ offices across the US.
The right candidate has managed the trading and optimization of a BESS portfolio, understands the key revenue drivers, and has demonstrated experience working with ISOs and local utilities. Experience with offsite solar, wind, VPPAs, demand response programs, community solar, carbon offsets, REC trading, and electric vehicle infrastructure is highly valued. We pride ourselves on innovation. Anything we can do to help solve customer needs or drive value from our unparalleled holdings is in play.
As the largest owner of logistics warehousing globally, we have over 5,200 buildings around the world, totaling 1.2B square feet. We continue to grow through acquisition and development, building over 100 new buildings or approximately 20 million square feet annually. Prologis is currently ranked #2 for onsite solar among US corporations and is actively engaged in solar, storage, and EV projects in over 12 countries. This position offers an unparalleled ability to build the largest portfolio of commercial energy assets globally.
- Conduct financial modelling and analysis to evaluate the economic viability of energy storage projects using industry-specific energy storage optimization tools. Forecast potential revenue streams and costs to support the investment strategy, conducting including scenario analysis.
- Analyze and understand energy market dynamics, including electricity markets, capacity markets, ancillary service markets impacting the project economics in Prologis’s key markets, including WECC, ERCOT, and PJM.
- Stay up to date in industry trends, market development and emerging technologies in energy storage sector, including managing Prologis’s inventory of price forecasting tools and subscriptions.
- Develop strategies to effectively bid and dispatch energy storage resources in US markets.
- Support the Power Marketing team by analyzing trading and market strategies to optimize the revenue generation of operating storage projects and adapt to evolving market conditions.
- Develop in-house tools to automate market data collection and analysis to support market strategy, origination, and development, resulting in high yield projects.
- Support origination activity and responses to Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) offtake solicitations to secure revenue for Prologis’s renewable and energy storage projects.
- Support Renewable Energy Credit (REC) accounting and trading activity in all geographies where Prologis conducts business.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Origination, Finance, Development and Asset Management, to ensure accurate revenue modeling and reporting, and provide regular updates to senior management, including reports, presentations, and memos.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- 4+ years’ experience in energy storage and renewable markets
- Demonstrated experience with development or operations of energy storage projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wholesale energy markets; direct experience in ERCOT, CAISO, or PJM preferred.
- Understanding of energy storage technology
- Knowledge of Renewable Energy Credit (REC) markets
- Proficiency in Excel modeling and energy storage optimization and valuation tools
- Knowledge of SQL, relational database concepts and Python, R or similar
Hiring Salary Range of $130,000.00 – $179,000.00. Salary and total compensation package (bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s location, education, experience, and skills, as well as internal pay equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Denver, Colorado, Los Angeles, California, Remote – US, San Francisco, California