Manager, Workday Finance Administrator
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Manager, Workday Finance Administrator
Locations: Chicago IL ; Phoenix AZ ; St. Louis MO ; Dallas TX ; Birmingham AL
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R-23-0023566
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high- performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Kemper is a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar insurance and financial services company, and we are seeking a talented and motivated Manager to join our Workday Finance Systems team. This team is responsible for the optimization of the company’s Workday Finance administration while concurrently modernizing the foundational tools used by the finance community. The Manager leads efforts and strategy relating to the planning, design, testing, and implementation of various configurations for Workday Finance, including continual product upgrades. They closely collaborate with leadership across the Finance organization, the IT function, and other internal and external resources to identify continuous improvement opportunities. We seek a detail-oriented professional with a background in accounting and finance who has an interest in applying that knowledge to financial system support and advanced systems development.
- Support the maintenance of Workday Financials, data governance, allocations, business processes, data analysis, and system optimization
- Analyze problems, formulate recommendations, and deliver solutions that achieve desired results timely and in an effective manner
- Engages with senior leadership such as the Corporate Controller, Business Unit Controller, and their respective teams to implement optimization and best practices for supporting financial applications used by the Finance organization
- Collaborate with Finance, IT, and other Finance resources to document reporting requirements, understand key metrics, and identify opportunities for improvement in the methods for delivery of information and analysis
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Workday financial data model, particularly related to data flow
- Independently manage targeted enhancement workstreams to achieve large scale process improvement across various financial applications within the Finance system eco-system
- Communicate recommendations & resolutions in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders across seniorities, functions, and levels of financial experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with a focus in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or Financial Systems
- 2+ years of Workday Finance user experience; Workday Finance administration experience is a plus
- Strong logic and business acumen to develop insights into root causes of financial and system results
- Advanced project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of resources, structure project plans and effectively delegate project work across resources to achieve desired outcomes
- Effective time management skills and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
This position can be located hybrid out of our Chicago office or remote from any US-based home for those outside the Chicagoland area.
The range for this position is $67,200 to $115,000. When determining candidate offers, we consider experience, skills, education, certifications, and geographic location among other factors. This job is also eligible for our Kemper benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401k, etc.)
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination. Kemper is focused on expanding our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts to align with our vision, mission, and guiding principles. Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.