- USA Only
- Remote (US)
BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
We are looking for a Manager of Accounting to join our Corporate Accounting team. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Company’s parent entity, BeiGene, Ltd. This role will deal with a broad range of accounting topics, and reports to the Associate Director of Accounting.
Manage all accounting aspects BeiGene, Ltd.:
- Monthly and quarterly financial close process for the significant operations our parent entity, BeiGene, Ltd.
- Ensure all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing account reconciliations and report preparation
- Liaison seamlessly with Asia-based shared-service center and treasury operations
- Properly account for intercompany and transfer pricing activities
- Ensure all equity activity is recorded and maintained appropriately
- Help to drive system improvements, close efficiencies and best-in-class business practices
- Ensure continued review/compliance of SOX procedures and maintain effective documentation
- Maintain an effective partnership with FP&A, Tax, and HR departments
- Timely and accurately respond to ad-hoc reporting requests and inquiries from management and internal or external partners
Supervisory Responsibilities: TBD
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree and/or CPA a plus
- At least 5+ years of relevant and progressive work experience
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
- Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Computer Skills: Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, SAP
- Mix of Big-Four/Public company experience preferred
- Bio-tech/pharma experience a plus
- SAP/S4 HANA experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and adjust to changing priorities
- Must have very strong communication and customer service skills
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.