Inbound Online Banking Representative
Inbound Online Banking Rep (Full Time) Work From Home – (060898)
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
*This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.*
Job Description Summary
Responds to customer requests for technical assistance on eTimeBanker, account information, related products and services in a real time environment. Answers emails and incoming telephone calls from prospective and existing customers regarding a variety of banking related questions and concerns while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
Pay: $16/hr (Bilingual Spanish $17/hr)
Paid Training: Starts February 7th Monday-Friday for at least 6 weeks 9:30AM-6:00PM CST (adjust to your time zone)
Work schedules are released in and will adjust to Central Time Zone (Adjust to your time zone)
- Schedule A : (Part Time) Monday-Saturday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM; Sunday and one other day off during the week
- Schedule B : (Part Time) Sunday-Friday 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM; Saturday and one other day off during the week
- Schedule C : Sunday-Friday 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM; Saturday and 1 other day off during the week
- Schedule D : Monday-Saturday 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM; Sunday and 1 other day off during the week
- Schedule E : Sunday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM; Tuesday-Friday 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM; Saturday and 1 other day off during the week
- Schedule F : Monday-Saturday 12:00 PM to 8:30 PM; Sunday and 1 other day off during the week
- Schedule G : Monday-Saturday 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM; Sunday and 1 other day off during the week
- Schedule H : Sunday-Friday 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM; Saturday and 1 other day off during the week
- Schedule I : Monday-Saturday 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM; Sunday and 1 other day off during the week
Essential Job Functions
- Provides basic technical assistance to customers concerning eTimeBanker, which includes navigation, enrollment, and password reset assistance, as well as basic browser troubleshooting.
- Identifies and matches customer needs for bank products and services, gathers information, process transactions accurately and refers customers when appropriate.
- Effectively uses all applicable systems, technology and software to assist internal and external customers in a timely and proficient manner.
- Remains customer-focused while accurately answering incoming inquiries from internal and external customers. Process requests and transactions in accordance with bank policies and procedures of the Telephone Banking Contact Center.
- Provides information on bank products as requested by the customer. This may include recommending alternative banking products and/or making referrals to other departments to better meet the customer’s banking needs.
- Completes maintenance as requested including address changes, combining customer profiles, check orders, stop payments, account closings and ATM card captures. Provides information on bank services including branch and ATM locations and referring the customer to other areas within the bank to meet the customer’s request (such as corporate services or branch of account.) In addition, provides detailed transaction information on debit card transactions. Blocks ATM/Debit cards on appropriate systems.
- Completes general investigation and Regulation E dispute documentation as required.
- Meets service level guidelines and production standards based on documented performance criteria for grade level and shift worked. Standard measurements include, but are not limited to, quality, accuracy, service delivery, productivity and schedule adherence.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
- Computer literate.
- Banking or other financial institution experience preferred.
- Sales experience in goal –oriented environment preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer navigation skills.
- Ability to multi-task (listening to customers, typing and analyzing information) simultaneously.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, develop customer relationships, sell products and offer company services and embrace new challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively, courteously and provide the customer with accurate information.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and apply skills quickly.
- Team player.
- Adaptable to change.
- Proficient usage of the following systems:
- eTime Banking.
- Host (Fidelity) – DDA, savings, certificates of deposit and lines of credit (Goldline).
- Service delivery system.
- ACD Telephones and headsets.
- IS View.
- Microsoft Money.
- And other systems as required.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Professionalism necessary for public contact position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
United States-Texas-General TX
United States-Illinois-General IL, United States-Wisconsin-General WI, United States-California-General CA, United States-Missouri-General MO, United States-North Dakota-General ND, United States-New York-General NY, United States-Nevada-General NV, United States-Wyoming-General WY, United States- Michigan-General MI, United States-Colorado-General CO, United States-Ohio- General OH, United States-South Dakota-General SD, United States-New Mexico- General NM, United States-Arizona-General AZ, United States-Florida-General FL, United States-Iowa-General IA, United States-Utah-General UT, United States-Minnesota-General MN, United States-Kansas-General KS, United States- Nebraska-General NE, United States-Georgia-General GA, United States-Oklahoma- General OK, United States-Idaho-General ID, United States-Oregon-General OR, United States-North Carolina-General NC, United States-Washington-General WA
Customer Contact Center / Customer Service