Hospital Billing Collector
Title: Hospital Billing Collector – Remote
Location: Dallas TX US
Job Category: Customer Service and Claims
Job Type: Full-time
$750 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing patient or organizational needs and conditions as well as to tap into skills and talents of employees. Accordingly, employees may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
- Responsible for managing Third – Party AR by analyzing denied and unresponded claims
- Outbound calls to insurance carriers to appeal and check claims status
- Post explanation of benefits
- Coordinate with insurance carriers to reconcile / resolve any issues
- Familiar with explanation of benefits
- Maintain Compliance and HIPAA standards at all times
- Meet or exceed daily production standards by maintaining work list according to metrics
- Meet or exceed daily quality standards
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned
- Process insurance / patient refunds and adjustments
- Evaluate and respond to all emails request for any deposit issues in order to resolve in a timely matter
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in Medical Billing
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems; OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & Outlook) – ability to create, edit, save and send documents, spreadsheet and correspondence
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Experience with Healthcare/Medical/Pharmacy terminology
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to navigate on internet for researching purposes
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 – $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 – $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
PLEASE NOTE The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.