Head of Accounting
🚀 About SafetyWing
SafetyWing (YC w2018) is building a global safety net. We currently offer global health insurance, and global travel medical insurance for remote workers and digital nomads.
Our team consists of about 50 people full-time and another 50 part-time. We are growing fast, and are looking to scale up the team significantly over the next year.
We work fully remotely, but have our headquarters in San Francisco. We typically meet in person several times per year. The last three gatherings have been in San Francisco, Mexico, and Norway.
👩💻 Your responsibilities will include
As Head of Accounting you will have a key role in owning the ongoing financial operations of the company. You will own financial reporting, statutory reporting, consolidations, bookkeeping, taxes, payroll operations, accounts receivables, and accounts payables for our international group. You will also be heavily involved in payments, liquidity management and developing our processes and control environment.
Experience with financial controlling and/or auditing is relevant. Ideally, you should have some experience with international group reporting and tax. We outsource our accounting and bookkeeping functions, but you will help manage our external partners and build internal processes and controls.
The parent company (and majority of operations) in the group is located in the US, but we also have several subsidiaries, such as in Norway and Bermuda.
🧪 We are looking for someone who has
- Experience with accounting and statutory reporting
- Familiarity with international consolidations and tax
- Ability to work independently and take ownership
- Project management skills: the ability to plan a project, gather the resources through and see it through to completion no matter what challenges you encounter
- US CPA experience preferred
- Experience from the insurance industry would be great
😀 We like to work with people who
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet
- Think for themselves instead of copying others
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing
🧘 What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Benefits including health insurance, paid family leave, laptop, personal development
- Fully remote: work from anywhere
- Regular team gatherings around the world
Find out more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you!