- USA Only
Requisition ID: 1275
Role: Grants Manager
Reports to: Director, Foundation & Government Grants
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and mental health organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Grants Manager is key to helping The Trevor Project manage our fundraising activities with institutional foundations and government agencies. The Grants Manager will play an essential role in the organization’s ability to generate over $4 million in general operating and program support, and to serve as a positive ambassador with funders and other community partners.
Who you are
- Entrepreneurial. You have lots of ideas and the know-how to turn them into reality. You’re a self-starter and see problems as opportunities to try another idea. You can think on the spot and troubleshoot any challenge that comes your way with grit, creativity, and optimism.
- Fluent in foundation and government grant communications. You are comfortable talking and working with senior institutional giving leaders and can understand their priorities. You know how to write concept papers, build pitch decks, and develop compelling written proposals that excite the reader. You are clear, concise, and compelling in your communication.
- Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and are able to take initiative in all situations. You have the ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines. .
- Collaborator. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork.
- Relationship builder. You understand relationships are at the core of any successful partnership and instinctively know how to build strong business and personal relationships. You’re a natural collaborator, curious, and believe that for you to win, the team has to win. You inspire others to follow your vision.
- Experienced. You have experience in fundraising and the resources needed to get foundation and government funding. You know your way around database systems and/or Salesforce CRM.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day.
- Fun. The work we do is serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should, too.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the Director, Foundation & Government Grants to draft compelling grant proposals with key input from program directors and other staff
- Review guidelines for all foundation proposals and reports to ensure all submissions are accurately formatted and include all required information, including budgets and materials
- Manage the grant proposal calendar, maintain current prospect pipeline to reflect all grant activity, and track grant deadlines, reports, and other action items
- Complete impact reports for foundation and government partners
- Collaborate with the Director, Foundation & Government Grants, to manage donor cultivation, solicitation, and management of strategy for grants
- Track current grant cycles and renewal processes to ensure continued funding
- Conduct targeted research to identify new institutional funders and help grow the existing portfolio of funders
- Ensure that The Trevor Project develops a diverse prospect list of institutional foundations and city, state, and federal government funders
- Manage the development database (Salesforce CRM) and collaborate with the Development Operations team to ensure data accuracy
- Partner with the Development Operations team to maintain records of all foundation and government interactions
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet stipend, and reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
We’re excited to hear from you! To join Team Trevor, please upload a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered – use this as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the next Grants Manager at The Trevor Project!
Please note:Only applicants who apply through our search partner, Thinking Ahead Executive Search will be considered. To be considered, send your resume and cover letters to the contact information below. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.