H&R Block is hiring a
- USA Only
- 6 applicants (35%)
Home Office – MO
What you’ll do…
The Fraud Specialist will work within the Emerald Financial Services Fraud Team to support our fraud strategy with emphasis on proactive solutions to address/prevent current and future fraud. The Fraud Specialist will support the fraud investigators with identifying and resolving suspicions of internal and external fraud. This person will interact with our business partners to support the fraud strategy related to our financial services program. This position is 100% remote and open to anyone within the United States.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor daily, weekly and/or monthly fraud reports to identify and stop suspicious/fraudulent activities.
- Respond to customer escalations and customer service inquiries.
- Take action on accounts including closing, suspending and notating the appropriate actions.
- Responds timely to inquiries and conducts all necessary research to resolve customer requests.
- Utilize multiple investigative tools to thoroughly investigate suspicious accounts and/or activities.
- Investigate complex suspicious/fraudulent activities related to Emerald Financial Services product suite.
- File timely and accurate Questionable Activity Reports including narratives on suspicious activities identified.
- Collaborate and work well within a team environment.
- Prepare recommendations on changes to current reports, procedures, or processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the team…
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience with fraud investigations and/or financial products and or procedures
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work within a team environment and contribute positively to the team.
- Possess analytical skills and investigative skills.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to assimilate into a useful format.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
- High proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to utilize multiple internet tools to conduct investigations.
It would be even better if you also had…
- Some college-level coursework in criminal justice, accounting, finance, or any business-related degree.
- Prior experience in banking, financial services, and/or Fintech.
- Experience with Salesforce and SQL
- Experience using financial applications and queries.
- Experience using a collaboration of fraud tools to minimize potential fraudulent losses.
WOTC Eligibility Check
Please mention Remote Workers when applying for this remote job at H&R Block. You're helping us to grow! Thank you!
Create a Resume That Gets you Hired