Fraud Risk Analyst
- USA Only
- 6 applicants
Fraud Risk Analyst
What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
e customer obsessed.
ct like an owner, because you are one.
on’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
ll of us are empowered to do the right thing.
tay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
eriously. No jerks.
We are seeking a highly motivated Fraud Risk Analyst who will develop, test, and implement a risk mitigation framework to protect our financial services offerings from fraudulent activity. Your top priority will be to develop a nuanced understanding of the ways in which our services may be vulnerable and subsequently using this understanding to devise systems and processes which bring our risk exposure in line with our risk appetite. You will accomplish this while collaborating closely with Product, Engineering, Information Security, and third-party service providers, thinking creatively and making decisions with less than perfect information, ensuring a balance is struck between automation and direct human-to-human interactions.
If you have experience assessing fraud threats in a fintech environment and thrive in a collaborative startup culture, we’d love to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and operationalize a risk management framework for use in assessing and treating the risk associated with customers and transactions, applying administrative and technical controls to align Roofstock’s risk exposure with its risk appetite.
- Assess the effectiveness of existing anti-fraud measures and recommend improvements and additions in order to effectively manage reduce risk while ensuring that the customer experience remains frictionless and delightful.
- Proactively monitor financial activity among new, less well-known, and high-risk customers to detect fraudulent activity as early as possible.
- Review customer accounts for compliance with key requirements before raising spend and transfer limits on a customer-by-customer basis.
- Identify emerging trends or new risks across the platform and effectively communicate with management regarding ways to mitigate and/or respond.
- Partner with the Product team to develop automated mechanisms to more efficiently verify identity, property ownership, and other key customer attributes.
- Work closely with third-party vendors and financial services providers to report, investigate, and recover funds related to suspected fraud.
- Develop a reliable and efficient system to log, track, and report suspicious activity, investigations in progress, and financial losses over time.
- Own the fraud aspect of the relationship with Roofstock’s banking partner.
What You Will Bring With You:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years work experience handling fraud risks in banking / fintech
- Demonstrated attention to detail, investigative skills, and a high degree of curiosity
- Comfort with operating in ambiguous situations and a willingness to make judgment calls based on the best available data
- Ability to identify and propose simple solutions to complex problems
- Well-developed people skills, strong empathy, and patience
- Excellent observation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of key real estate investing concepts like deeds, settlement agreements, mortgages, tenants and rents, etc. desired, but not required
- Ability to build automations via the use of scripting languages
$89,500 – $105,000 a year
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related knowledge and skills, experience, education/training, business needs, market demands, and geographical location.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
- Competitive compensation
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
- Flexible time off and sick days
- We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.