- USA Only
- 5 applicants
Fraud Investigator (Credit Cards)
Location: Lake Mary, FL; Westlake, TX; US – Remote
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
As a Credit Card Transaction Fraud Investigator, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding Robinhood by detecting and preventing fraudulent credit card transactions. You will work closely with our fraud prevention team to monitor, investigate, and mitigate fraudulent activities, ensuring the security of our customers’ financial information and the integrity of our business operations.
It is preferred that this role is located in one of the office locations listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. This position is only eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the US where we do not have physical office locations. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in- office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Investigation : Conduct thorough investigations of suspicious transactions, analyzing data and patterns to determine potential fraud.
- Risk Assessment: Assess the level of risk associated with specific transactions and customers, taking appropriate action to mitigate potential losses.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of fraudulent activities, investigations, and outcomes for reporting and analysis purposes as well as defense against formal complaints.
- Communication : Communicate with cardholders regarding the activity on their accounts to understand their claims, to relay limited details of our investigation, and to answer their questions.
- Customer Support : Provide support to customers who have been victims of fraud, assisting them in resolving issues and protecting their financial interests.
- Fraud Prevention Strategies : Contribute to the development and implementation of fraud prevention strategies by observing trends in the field.
What you bring
- At least three years of financial industry experience
- At least one year of experience in fraud detection and prevention, preferably in credit card transactions or financial services.
- Familiarity with various payment processing systems and technologies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to spot patterns and anomalies.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills for both internal teamwork and customer interactions.
- Understanding of relevant regulations and compliance requirements.
- Startup experience is a plus
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan.
US Zone 1: $31 per hour US Zone 2: $31 per hour US Zone 3: $30 per hour
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.