Fraud Analyst, Bank Account Protection
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Title:Fraud Analyst, Bank Account Protection
Location: North America
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking Fraud Analyst to innovate, win, and grow with us. As a member of the Paymode-X team, you will spend your time authenticating bank account updates for Paymode-X customers by applying investigative and analytical techniques to identify account takeover fraud. You will be working in our proprietary systems as well as leveraging online public and private third-party research tools to validate the details of these critical updates to prevent fraudulent activity.
In this role, you’ll perform research and investigate discrepancies, manage an independent caseload, escalate suspicious behavior to senior Fraud teams for in-depth risk analysis and review. You are encouraged to think creatively, identify nuances, and make routine critical decisions.
How you’ll contribute:
- Review and authenticate the legitimacy of bank changes made by customers within the Paymode-X Business to Business Payment Network
- Ensuring critical update information is complete and accurate, and work with customers (via phone and email) to obtain missing information
- Analyze data elements for discrepancies and red flags to identify fraudulent account takeover activity
- Review requests for membership authorized user updates to ensure legitimacy
- Utilize web research and 3rd Party data tools/APIs to validate and investigate discrepancies in new customer information to mitigate risk
- Communicate with financial institutions and communicate customers to verify bank account information and gather business documentation
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective anti-fraud practices by adhering to required policies and procedures
- Interact with various levels of Leadership to identify process improvements
What will make you successful:
- Experience researching online and analyzing data sets
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work with a sense of urgency
- Thriving in a queue-oriented work load to support a team
- Experienced computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Curious puzzle solver with analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in Banking, AML, Fraud, KYC Due Diligence, on-boarding commercial clients, reviewing various business documentation preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Finance, Business, or similar course of study track or career interest
We welcome talent at all phases of their career through understanding and supporting additional needs (where applicable) as we look to innovate, win, and grow together.
Bottomline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all individuals in a fair and equal manner by creating an inclusive and open environment.
Start your #LifeAtBottomline