- USA Only
- Req #1680
Buying a home is the cornerstone of the American dream, yet the process can be complicated and confusing. That’s why Homepoint is on a mission to create financially healthy, happy homeowners.
Homepoint Is a rising star in the mortgage industry with a culture that encourages community, caring, and open communication. We want our Associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special is our people-first operating philosophy, We Care.
Homepoint is the third-largest wholesale lender and the 12th largest correspondent lender in the U.S. We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI and offer positions throughout the nation with over 2,500 Associates and 300,000 serviced customers.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Fraud Analyst will be responsible for conducting servicing-related mortgage fraud investigations, including complex file reviews. They will review suspected fraud identified through proactive monitoring or referred for investigation by business partners.
- Perform investigative audit of mortgage loan files to evaluate potentially fraudulent activity relating to mortgage servicing including Cash, Loss Mitigation, Default, and Customer Service
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of mortgage fraud schemes and trends
- Distill complicated audit findings into actionable feedback and clearly & effectively communicate with interested parties on pending investigations
- Identify fraud schemes or patterns through file reviews and ongoing monitoring of servicing data, including principal curtailment activity and default trends
- Preparation of investigation reports for presentation to Senior and Executive Management
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of related mortgage servicing experience
- Must have experience in quality control or investigative audit
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Proficient in all current regulatory compliance and investor program requirements
- Basic understanding of mortgage lending & operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
We offer a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, together with an innovative and progressive approach to benefits. It is our goal to provide our associates an exciting, dynamic, desirable place to work. Our ambitious business plan and its success hinges on the ability to find great people and provide an environment that fully engages, retains and leverages the potential of top talent. As such, Homepoint provides development opportunities to all our associates, with a curriculum geared towards providing an informed view of multiple career paths. We have an owner-operator approach and when Homepoint succeeds, so do our associates.
Homepoint is a national multi-channel mortgage originator and servicer. The company brings an innovative approach to lending, focusing on speed, quality and consistency for customers and partners. Uniquely, Homepoint retains over 95% of originated loans for in-house servicing, a cornerstone to its Customer for Life approach. The company was founded in 2015 and headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Homepoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Homepoint’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.