Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
- 18 applicants (30%)
FP &A Manager
Recurrent Ventures Inc. is an innovative digital media company that is challenging the media landscape with its proprietary approach. Its best-in- class brands like Dwell, Popular Science, Domino, Outdoor Life, The Drive, Field & Stream, SAVEUR, Task & Purpose and more, engage a combined audience of more than 60 million monthly unique visitors. Initially founded in 2018, the portfolio rapidly expanded under the ownership and backing of North Equity. Today we are 24 media brands across automotive, home, food, outdoors, science, technology, lifestyle, and military verticals. Recurrent Ventures is headquartered in Miami, with offices in New York, Austin, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco, with many of our roles being virtual first.
Recurrent Venturesis looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented FP&A Manager to join its team. This is a remote and flexible position! The FP&A Manager will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and special projects across the Recurrent Ventures media portfolio focusing on either our Home or Auto/Military vertical. Partnering with brand and functional leadership, you will develop and maintain financial models that provide financial visibility and critical data analytics for use in business and financial planning. The position will also support a variety of special projects to facilitate business growth as Recurrent scales through organic growth and acquisitions.
- Build and maintain financial planning models for all strategic and annual plans, operational plans, budgets, forecasts, and outlooks.
- With direction from the Sr. Manager of FP&A and Executives, develop, review, summarize and analyze financial plan projections, modeling scenarios, and documents.
- Maintain and monitor monthly roll forward, providing variance analysis and business intelligence to executives and operating managers.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of monthly management reporting for executive and leadership teams.
- Develop and/or assist in the creation or improvement of various financial models for portfolio companies.
- Work closely with the M&A Team and the accounting organization to continually improve our processes and procedures in the financial arena.
- Develop, analyze, maintain, and distribute various periodic and ad-hoc financials, statistical, analytical and management reports and statements.
- Gain exposure to Private Equity and Digital Media transactions by supporting the integration of new Digital Media properties into the portfolio.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Minimum 5 -7 years of experience
- Full cycle financial modeling experience required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to create pivot tables, perform VLOOKUPs, nested if statements, and logic formulas
- Previous experience with a budgeting software such as Adaptive Planning is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Digital Media or technology experience a plus, particularly with private equity or venture backed entities
- Experience working in multi-entity, product and/or revenue businesses preferred
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities across various stakeholders
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote – work from anywhere!
- Parental leave
- Matching 401k
- Equity package
Hiring & Equal Opportunity Statement
Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or affiliation protected by federal, state or local laws. With a number of our media brands reporting on the military, veterans’ affairs, and topics facing the active military community, we are very supportive of veterans’ activities and highly encourage this community to apply.