Financial Analyst I
- USA Only
Financial Analyst I (FHI Clinical)
- USA (Any)
- Full time
- Job Requisition Id Requisition – 2022200004
FHI 360 staff working in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of the type of project or client they serve, or of their employment status (full/part-time, remote, telework, or in-office), unless an accommodation applies. FHI 360 complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Summary of the Position:
Coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to Country Office and project staff, to ensure the fiscal well-being of the projects. Provides financial management, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor’s requirements. Oversees sub award management and responds to inquiries and assist in trainings. Carries out unit finances to proactively guide and support respective financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies, and developing strong customer relationships. Analyzes financial data and reports to determine accuracy and completeness. Compiles data and prepares financial reports. Reviews and processes final cost objective requests. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations. Responsible for analyzing performance trends, modeling complex business decisions, tracking performance, and presenting results. Ensures and provides financial expertise, critical thinking, and customer service.
- Has basic knowledge of applicable financial and accounting statutes and regulations.
- Interprets and applies laws, analyzes information, and evaluates the impact of policies, procedures, and practices.
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Seeks explanation for variations in the data.
- Reviews and inputs financial data and final cost objectives, account information into accounting software systems.
- Creates, reviews, and process program budgets.
- Analyzes, reviews, and distributes financial reports to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Provides support for field programs by conducting live meeting training on financial systems and processes.
- Works with Global Program Management (GPM) staff to help them understand the financial aspects of the assigned Country Offices.
- Monitors Country Offices cash flows and fund transfers by processing cash account analysis, ensures adequate funds are maintained within each program, processing wire transfer requests to field offices and ensuring timely transfer of funds.
- Manages sub recipient financial reports for assigned Country Offices by reconciling US based sub recipients with the General Ledger accounts.
- Reviews an analysis sub award tracking system, manages US partner payments and collaborates with GPM staff on financial close outs of sub recipients
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applies general knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
- Familiar with basic principles of financial management, budgeting, investment capital, risk analysis, debt management, generally accepted accounting principles and/or investment analysis.
- Applies general information technologies to meet work needs.
- Provides basic or general oral and written information.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with industry representatives, co-workers, and others.
- Interacts with internal and external clients/customers using both oral and written communication skills to discuss financial processes or issues.
- Organizes and formats reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides appropriate documentation to support conclusions.
- Presents oral and written testimony on basic issues
- Communicate structured information in a clear, concise, and organized manner suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships that foster organizational success
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes financial information and other data.
- Reviews and documents compliance with laws and regulations.
- Reviews, examines, and prepares documents.
- Researches, investigates, and analyzes data.
- Prepares written findings; presents recommendations supported by facts.
- Functions within defined guidelines and procedures to resolve routine issues, and to make independent and logical decisions and/or recommendations.
- Contributions are usually limited to task-related activities.
- Errors do not typically have a major effect on the organization.
- Demonstrates an understanding of system functionality to provide answers for financial requests.
- Errors may be detected and corrected.
- External and internal audit requests are met timely, without outstanding issues
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent required.
- Preferred Job-Related Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience in a government contracting environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications : Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, and in ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required. Computerized accounting software experience required. Proficiency in spreadsheet software required. Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English, fluent in host country language as appropriate
Preferences : Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or move 5-10 lbs.
- Expected travel time is less than 10%for this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
FHI Clinical, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.