Finance Manager - Fully Remote
- USA Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Aosom is a leader in outdoor equipment, home goods, pet supplies and more. We are a successful eCommerce company that has planned growth within the United States over the next 5 years. In the last year we have opened a new warehouse in New Jersey and Georgia, with a 5th warehouse TBD in the Southwest. Our business is projected to grow 55%.
We are looking for a skilled Financial Manager that can lead the department to greater success.
This position will be 100% remote. We have our US headquarters in Wilsonville, OR that you may be requested to travel to for training and team building events.
The Finance Manager leads and coordinates the accounting operations. Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports and recommendations. Helps facilitate inter- department operations; formulates and administers action by performing the following essential functions personally or through employees.
- Directs the Accounting team to achieve daily, weekly, monthly and annual department and company goals through strategic vision, inspiration, proper communication and delegation of responsibilities. Leads by closely aligning decisions, behavior and strategy to the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the company.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of accounting employees; ensures their ability to safely operate office equipment & set-up ergonomic workstations; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary.
- Communicates and collaborates with headquarters (HQ) accounting department and the US team verbally and written, translating between English and Mandarin at times if able.
- Ensures a system of internal assurances and controls for the department including, confidentiality, sound documented processes, accuracy, proper billing/charging of accounts. Ensures all business transactions are reasonable, appropriate, and necessary. Maintains a documented system of accounting policies & procedures.
- Analyzes and reviews financial data, prepares financial statements and reports for both internal and external purposes, and resolves a diverse range of problems consistent with an understanding of mission, vision, role, goals of the department.
- Strengthens the research on the latest federal and state tax policies, analyzes the effect on the company and forecasts tax planning to minimize expenses. Ensures efficient processing of daily tax returns.
- Manages cashflow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funding to ensure financial health of the company. Oversees the preparation of the company’s budget; and reports to management on variances from the established budget and reasons for those variances.
- Monitors financial and operational risks and provides solutions when risks are identified.
- Collaborates with the General Manager, Assistant GM and HR in formulating and administering department policies, directing and coordinating department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Stays abreast of the latest ecommerce industry trends and technologies and develops planning to integrate into company’s operations to stay relevant and improve operational efficiencies. Strengthens the research on the latest federal and state tax policies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Travels via automobile, train or aircraft domestically and/or internationally. Travel may be up to 4 times a year; duration may be up to 4 weeks
2. Business Acumen - Logical Thinking Ability
3. Communication & Emotional Intelligence
4. Growth & Development
5. Time/Project Management & Organizational Skills
6. Company Expert/Resource in Accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial theory, business management, financial laws and regulations
- Practical operation experience in financial management (including accounting treatment, tax declaration, cost control, risk management, etc.), tax management, bank financing, etc.
7. Technical Skills (Generally Accepting Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiar with the current mainstream financial accounting software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. 4-year college degree from an accredited university in accounting or related field of study; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
2. 5+ years’ experience in above Essential Duties with a preference in the ecommerce industry.
3. Fluency in Mandarin spoken, written and reading is preferred, not required
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A competitive salary and bonus structure
• Time off benefits to help you strike a healthy work/life integration
• 401k Plan with a 4% employer match
• Company subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision
• Company Paid Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
• Paid Holidays
• Flexible Spending Account opportunity
• Employee Assistance opportunity
• Employee Discount on product
• Company celebrations that occur throughout the year
We participate in E-Verify