Finance Manager - Forecasting and Modeling
Finance Manager (Forecasting & Modeling)
Chicago, IL or Remote
Our Value Proposition
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion- dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers – and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
Our team is looking for an exceptional Insurance Finance Manager for our dynamic & fast-paced environment. The Insurance Finance Manager will lead the FP&A support for one or more of our business distribution and growth teams. The ideal candidate will take an analytical approach to the role and excel at synthesizing basic financial and operating data to provide insightful, actionable information to inform strategic and operational decisions and drive improved financial results.
Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications? Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply anyway. Don’t count yourself out!
In this role: The Insurance Finance Manager will be responsible for identifying key drivers for the business teams they support and understanding how the team’s results contribute to broader organizational performance. Using this information, they’ll support the three key objectives through which the FP&A team supports Clearcover’s strategy and business operations:
- Tracking, analyzing, and regularly reporting on relevant metrics to track performance and develop a common understanding within and across business areas of the key drivers of results
- Performing analysis, pro forma modeling, etc. that informs decisions and prioritization of initiatives that will drive future improvements in company results
- Developing forecasts
What will you do as a Finance Manager?
- Drive the annual budget planning cycle and quarterly forecast updates down to the department level
- Participate in the development of monthly and quarterly operating reviews
- Perform ad hoc analyses to support departmental and business development initiatives
- Participate in corporate development activities including capital raising and M&A
- Mentor and train a team of Financial Analysts as the team grows in the future
What will you bring as a Finance Manager?
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field is preferred
- Professional experience working in investment banking or corporate FP&A
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and curiosity to develop new methods and processes
- Must be self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with people across all areas of the organization
- Expert modeling (three statement) and Excel skills are an absolute must-have
- Solid accounting knowledge
But wait, there’s more
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.