Finance Manager- Billing and Collections
Finance Manager- Billing & Collections
at Clipboard Health
Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
Finance Manager- Billing & Collections – Example Quarterly Review 90 Days after this person joins
Congratulations on getting a 4 on our review scale. Thank you for accomplishing:
- Designing and implementing a new collections cadence with automated reminders, set times for full contact attempts, and late payment consequences. Through analysis, you were able to attribute that a 20% improvement in our on-time collection rate to this action!
- You were able to construct a dashboard showing all of our aged receivables, their status, and why they haven’t paid yet. This has been very helpful in managing the collections specialists.
- On-time payments have increased by 35% and delinquencies sent to third-party collections have been cut by a third. Great job!
- It was smart to get an autodialer set up for aged receivables. The collections specialists are able to just log in and let the system dial for them now.
- You hired another team lead and finished creating a candidate profile for collections specialists so that we know how to look for success in this role going forward.
About the Team:
We are a rapidly growing and focused billing team that services 800+ accounts monthly. At Clipboard Health, we provide quality healthcare staffing in the form of nursing and allied health staff nationwide. We offer permanent, temporary, per diem, contract, and temp-to-hire healthcare professionals. Our company seeks to revolutionize healthcare staffing by paving the way in reliability, affordability, and ease of use for both facilities and healthcare professionals.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Finance Manager- Billing & Collections to manage our Collections Team, reporting to the Director of Billing. The Collections Team is an integral part of Clipboard Health’s current billing initiatives and supports multiple teams within the company. This will be responsible for managing the Collection specialists, creating an easy and trusted experience for customers to do business with Clipboard Health.
You’re someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. Your friends describe you as thorough, analytical, and detail- oriented. You are someone with high standards who leads by example. You strive to make it trusted and easy to do business with Clipboard Health while enforcing our policies with clients.
- 5+ years of experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Experience working in cash space, billing and invoicing, collections, operations, or finance
- Proven track record of making data-driven business decisions
- Outstanding data analysis skills
- Can demonstrate attention to detail
- Team Player
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word), G-Suites, Salesforce (preferred), Jira (preferred), QuickBooks (preferred)
- Provide overall direction and supervision to the collections team including follow-ups, collections, and resolution of all payor accounts.
- Work cross-functionally between various teams in the company and with our clients to ensure the billing practices and policy enforcement.
- Updates our internal systems and the billing system with timely appropriate billing edits and payments.
- Identify issues, monitors performance, and assist in problem resolution.
- Communicate well and influence colleagues.
- Demonstrate leadership and gain respect across functions/teams.
- Make people around you more effective and productive.