- Legal & Finance
- Full time
Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world’s most talented video creators on social media. We’re an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
The Team Culture
The Finance team is the backbone of Jellysmack. We keep everything running smoothly through effective accounting, payroll, and financial controlling. No one here is a stereotypical boring accountant: we’re fun, outgoing, and laid back. Do you have what it takes to be part of the team?
Jellysmack is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Finance Director to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, highly attentive to detail and communicative, a self-starter, and has proven to be successful in hyper-growth businesses.
This person will be a key leader on the Jellysmack Finance team and also a key partner to senior business leaders throughout the organization. This person will lead a team that is responsible for providing finance support and controllership over multiple business lines. These responsibilities can include (but are not necessarily limited to): developing robust financial models that support quarterly/annual/long-range planning — as well as developing accurate and timely financial reporting so as to deliver actionable insights, drive decisions, and bolster controllership. Moreover, this person will be responsible for leading and developing a best-in-class finance team. This person will report to the VP of FP&A, work closely with the CFO, and also work cross-functionally with senior stakeholders throughout the company.
- Lead a team of 4-6 people, which is composed of Sr. Financial Analysts, Managers, and Business Analysts
- Own the P&L for multiple business lines at Jellysmack
- Develop robust and scalable forecasting tools that support quarterly/annual/long-range planning cycles.
- Develop new (and/or improve existing) reporting tools and capabilities that we can leverage to manage the business on a day-to-day basis. The Finance Director will have experience managing large data sets and various reporting tools that can scale (i.e. PowerBI)
- Partner with key business stakeholders on ad hoc analyses, which can span from individual deal analysis, new growth initiatives, strategic business ventures, and pricing strategies (to name a few).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or a related quantitative field. MBA is a plus
- 10+ years experience in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, or accounting.
- Previous experience managing a team of finance professionals is compulsory.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting fundamentals. Previous experience with ASC 606, ASC 920 & 926, SOP 98-1 is a plus.
- A passion for financial modeling, creating data-driven analyses, and building/improving in a hyper-growth environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills; ability to distill complexity down into its most salient elements and communicating with senior executives.
- Strong Excel proficiency. Experience with SQL, PowerBI, Netsuite, is a plus.
- A standout team member who is agile, flexible, innovative, determined and positive.
*Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and /or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.*
In order to make sure you get the best working environment, you will get a $300 / EUR 250 allowance to get set up!
- Early Summer release Fridays
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- 401K match
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion at Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort. We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Creatives ourselves, we’re home to over 250 influential creators, including Derek Deso, Karina Garcia, Brad Mondo, MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, Patrick Starrr, and PewDiePie. Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (Beauty Studio), soccer (Oh My Goal), gaming (Gamology), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators stay focused on their passion—creating the best content for their global fan bases. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure? We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!