- USA Only
Event Manager (Contract)
- GLOBAL MARKETING | USA (REMOTE)
- Special Note: This is a contract role, projected out through 2021
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don’t have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that’s innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you’re a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
At Talkdesk we empower our employees to make decisions that drive incredible customer experiences. Our customer obsession partnered with our dedication to innovation accelerates our speed to market and rapid pace of innovation. Our employees pride themselves in having a forward-thinking approach that capitalizes on continuous improvement and curiosity.
We’re looking for an Events Manager to join our global events team with a growth mindset, innovative thinking and collaborative style who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Are you an innovative and experienced events leader with a passion for collaborating to create unparalleled experiences? Do you have a vision for how a holistic events strategy can propel brand awareness, create strong customer advocacy and drive demand? Are you known to “roll-up your sleeves” and do whatever it takes to ensure an event is phenomenal (not just successful)? Does world-class execution describe your operational style? If you’re that person, we want you to join our team! If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey; your dream job is waiting!
Working with the Senior Director, Global Events and Senior Manager, Events you will:
- Manage the planning and execution of corporate events, with a heavy emphasis on industry events/tradeshows, key sponsorships and select internal events that encompasses awareness, education and evangelism across Talkdesk’s prospect and customer base.
- Experience in tradeshow project management.
- Create and manage an integrated project management plan across multiple work streams.
- Execute on the plan by coordinating all aspects of the event or activity, from venue selections to crafting agendas and driving participation.
- Work with marketing operations to review and load pre and post event lists and pull prospecting lists for sales.
- Work in close partnership with the sales, business development, and marketing teams in order to drive successful events and deliver qualified sales leads.
- Assist in the management and growth of Opentalk, Talkdesk’s annual customer experience (CX) thought leadership event.
- Establish and proactively manage budget and execute events successfully within budget.
- Measure, report, and optimize ROI on event investments.
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Experience and Skills Required:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
- 8+ years experience managing and growing large-scale events in a corporate environment with a heavy emphasis on tradeshows.
- Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships
- Well versed in tradeshow project management
- Ability to collaborate across the organization, and execute with precision
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Great communicator – both written (emails and presentations) and verbal
- Demonstrated success at driving pipeline from events and partner marketing engagement
- Highly organized professional with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides required
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.