- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Merit Camp Event Coordinator
Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
- Remote first with flexible working hours
- Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
- Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
- 401k Program
- Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
- Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
- A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
We are seeking a highly organized and creative event coordinator to join our team as we plan for Merit’s 2023 annual camp event. As an event coordinator for this event you will be responsible for coordinating all camp preparation as well as the event itself.
Each year we gather for a 4 day period to focus on having fun and building bonds as a team. As a fully remote workplace we don’t get many chances to meet each other and Camp is a time to meet new hires, see old friends, and take a break from the hard work we all do. Camp is an important part of building and maintaining our culture and as the coordinator of this event we want you to embrace this! We’re excited to work with you to make our vision a reality and create a memorable experience for our employees.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges.
- Support planning and execution of all camp logistics in coordination with the Merit People Ops team and other Merit stakeholders
- Create a schedule of events and activities, and ensure that all activities are appropriately staffed and supervised
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers to ensure that all necessary equipment and supplies are available for the event
- Manage the logistics of the event, including transportation, lodging, and catering
- Identify and order materials required for camp including swag.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all participants, responding promptly to any questions or concerns
- Monitor the budget for the event and ensure that all expenses are within budget
- Manage all administrative tasks associated with the event.
- Travel in to lead human and logistical coordination for event setup, event, and event cleanup.
- Provide an event summary with learnings and suggestions for improvement to support a culture of feedback and improvement.
- At least 2 years of experience in event planning or summer camp coordination
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed
- Ability to travel for camp dates
- Proficiency with
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets and controlling expenses
$25 – $25 an hour
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a link to our pay bands: https://www.merits.com/resources/paybands/corporate-operations
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support, and value them for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We encourage applications from veterans and military spouses.
Merit is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for our employees. If you need accessibility assistance or a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us at [email protected].