- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Job Locations US-Remote
We are searching for a talented and motivated event coordinator to be part of an events team in executing a large annual VA health care innovation event.
The event coordinator must be well-organized and use their problem-solving skills to overcome challenges and ensure that the event meets the client’s expectations. This role may communicate with vendors, support with venue and AV logistics, order supplies, manage files and graphics, as well as manage exhibitor, speaker, and participant lists.
Excellent communication and attention to detail skills are vital in this role. Flexibility is essential as this role supports event planning team by helping with the planning, set-up, execution, and cleanup of an event.
To fulfill the duties and responsibilities, the event coordinator must possess an extensive skill set and qualifications that work together to manage events efficiently. The event coordinator will need to work directly with the event planning team to support the details and changes across the entire event.
- Physical & digital document organization and filing.
- Support event team members with event form creation, organization, and upkeep.
- Assists in managing all banquet event orders (BEOs), floor plans, and other administrative documents for events.
- Work closely with graphics and event leads to ensure all graphics and event files are organized for the run of show.
- Creation and execution of printed collateral for events including agendas, signage, etc.
- Assist with any other administrative needs that arise.
- Proactively engage with clients to ensure a positive experience.
- Liaise with external vendors for load in / load out on event day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Assists and completes all inventory logs (alcohol/food consumption, event item inventory, etc.)
- Oversees and guides events and event staff event-to-event.
- Assist team in set-up of rental items as needed- chairs and tables.
- Assists with the entire event set-up including event contractor move-in, pre-conference, rehearsal, and dry-run; and serves as a resource person for on-site logistics throughout the duration of the event.
- Coordinates exhibitor/vendor reservations, materials, and set-up; and drafts exhibit space layout.
- Assists with keynote and session speaker recruitment and compiles speaker biographies, sample videos, references, and program content and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or public relations is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Outstanding vendor management skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a customer-service mindset.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services, and business transformation. We harness creativity, technology, and culture to connect people and systems to impact the world. We’re advisors, strategists, and engineers focused on people, above all else.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, leaving client organizations stronger after every engagement and building trust for the next big challenge. Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability, or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active- duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID 19 Vaccine Statement
This position supports a federal government contract and is subject to government vaccination mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and proof of vaccination, or an adjudicated accommodation may be required for employment.
Don’t see the right job opportunity for you? Stay in touch by joining our Talent Community!
By creating a profile on our Talent Community , you’ll receive notifications about new job opportunities that match your interests and skills, company news, and upcoming career events.