- USA Only
- Location: Durham, NC or US, remote
- Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
At NoveList, we believe that books have the power to transform lives. NoveList has been helping readers find their next favorite book for more than 25 years, and continues to develop innovative solutions for connecting readers, books, and libraries. By helping libraries help readers, NoveList empowers libraries to engage and inspire their communities. NoveList has more than 50 employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to working with libraries around the globe to transform lives through reading.
If you have a passion for turning complex information into understandable and engaging help documentation and tutorials, love getting people excited to use new products to develop their skills, enjoy digging into data to uncover trends and opportunities, and are a fan of libraries, read on.
We’re looking for an Engagement Specialist to ensure that our customers are successful in using our products to help libraries help readers. This is a full-time position. While NoveList’s headquarters are in Durham, NC, this person may work remotely from anywhere.
As the ideal candidate, you’ll be able to demonstrate that you can get library staff excited about how NoveList products make their jobs easier. You are customer-focused, detail-oriented, able to work independently or with others, and have a bias for action.
Communicating effectively via email, phone, and in online meetings comes naturally to you. You’re skilled in developing effective and engaging help documentation and training videos. You’re talented at conveying complex information in a clear, concise, and interesting manner. Working in a fast- paced environment while managing several projects simultaneously is exciting to you. You can be counted on to pro-actively contribute creative solutions to our customers’ biggest needs. You thrive in a collaborative environment where feedback from team members is expected and appreciated.
- Developing, producing, and delivering online customer training regarding NoveList products, services, and enhancements
- Writing clear, concise, user-friendly help documentation for several products
- Uploading training materials to the appropriate channels, including our product help console, YouTube, and other online platforms
- Maintaining the entire collection of NoveList documentation and training materials, ensuring that materials are up to date and comprehensive
- Maintaining NoveList’s Professional Development platform, including uploading videos and materials, running reports, and interacting with students
- Reviewing data, summarizing your findings, and recommending actions you or your teammates need to take to improve customer satisfaction and engagement
Whom you’ll work with:
You’ll be a member of the Engagement and Services team which plays a valuable role in the success of NoveList products. We are a creative group that works hard but still has fun and believes in the truly transformative power of reading and the incredible importance of libraries.
The Engagement Specialist reports to the Manager of Engagement and Services. You’ll work most closely with the Senior Engagement Consultant to help libraries leverage their product subscriptions and develop plans to increase usage and to improve their skills in readers’ advisory, marketing, and advocacy through our Professional Development courses. The team also includes talented graphic designers who create the templates libraries use to promote their collections, programs, and services, as well as many other materials to support our products.
You’ll also work closely with our Product Management and Technical Support teams to ensure customers understand how to use our products. Finally, you will collaborate with the Sales & Marketing, Book Discovery, and Technology teams on a variety of projects.
What this job requires:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar education in marketing, communications, education, or related field
- 2+ years of proven experience in successfully designing, developing and delivering online training or teaching
- 1+ years of experience writing help documentation or technical writing
- 2+ years working in marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Experience in video creation and editing (using Camtasia, Vimeo, YouTube, or similar)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
What will set you apart from the rest:
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and proactively to do what needs to be done.
- Experience with a library, publisher or library-focused organization as an employee or volunteer
- Experience with NoveList or EBSCO products and services
- Proven ability to quickly learn new product features and convey complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional presentation ability
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, able to keep multiple projects with varying timelines on schedule
Why you’ll want to work with us:
We offer a flexible work schedule and the ability to work remotely (even after the pandemic). Through EBSCO you’ll get really great benefits, including paid maternity and parental leave, robust health, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, scholarship opportunities for dependent children, and more.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.