Employee Resource Group Strategy Specialist
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Employee Resource Group (ERG) Strategy Specialist
Remote – United States
job requisition id
General Motors is seeking an Employee Resource Group (ERG) Strategy Specialist to join our growing team!
The ERG Strategy Specialist is a critical part of the Inclusive Employee Experience team. This team member will be a global strategic partner leading a team of ERG Project Managers along with the broader ERG sponsors and ERG leadership teams. The ERG support team will be dedicated to enhancing and re- defining the purpose and mission of employee resource groups at GM, in service of the Company DEI strategy.
This role will build the ERG architecture, governance model, and approach for tools and mechanisms that enable our ERGs to align goals and actions with the Company DEI strategy. They will have 5+ years of experience developing and leading a strategic ERG portfolio, including experience designing governance and COE capabilities that create a force multiplier effect for advancing the DEI strategy with and through ERGs. They will have demonstrated experience in understanding historical context impacting equity and inclusion in the workplace and experience partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders across identity groups to achieve a unified set of goals and outcomes. A successful candidate will be exceptional in relationship management, high judgment, communications, cross functional partnership, influencing without authority, and dealing with ambiguity.
Develop a set of standards, guidelines, and processes to support global ERG engagement that accounts for flexibility for localization
Define specific and measurable goals that are overarching enough to summarize and measure impact but also able to account for regional and local nuances as well as the flexibility required to support represented and non-represented employees. KPIs should be used to measure progress with regular report outs to various stakeholders
Drive standardized and equitable support of ERGs out of the DEI COE
Support ERG leadership and members in training and development to ensure they are leading with inclusivity in mind while supporting their ERG membership
Support cultural competency learnings across the organization to improve the understanding of cultural differences
Provide opportunities for ERG members to engage within the communities where we live and work in support of the constituencies they represent
Establish programs that support growth for underrepresented employees in the advancement of their careers
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Communication: Ability to create content in multiple formats that provides relevant information in meaningful ways for various users
- Problem Solver: Utilizes resources and various inputs in decision making, can deal with disputes in balanced way, consistently looks for process improvements, and practices high judgement, specifically related to problem solving
- Influencing : Has the ability to lead with influence, respectfully speaks up when sharing new ideas or concerns, can maneuver complex political situations, and encourages collaborative communication to drive compromise
- Evaluate & Measure Impact: Ability to use data to drive meaningful initiatives with global impact. Demonstrate high judgement with the capability to assess current state (environment, emotional, social, political, etc) and determine the right course of action
- Other: Political Savvy, Relationship Building, Conflict Management & Organizational Agility
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree ; preferably in human resource management, business, or related field
- Extensive previous ERG experience
- Strong leadership and crucial conversation skills
- At least 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in building and implementing diversity initiatives, HR program management, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experiencing influencing and leading a team with exceptional leadership skills
- Demonstrate significant capability and experience developing and implementing diversity, inclusion and leadership development strategies, practices, and programs
- Ability to utilize metrics to demonstrate success in building /strengthening a company’s employer branding proposition
- Passionate, proactive, solution orientated, creative and able to think and learn quickly
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
- The expected base compensation for this role is $112,142 $175,401 USD Annually.
- Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day individually and collectively to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual’s protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, protected characteristics” include an individual’s actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.