Editorial Producer- Mindfulness
- USA Only
Editorial Producer – Mindfulness
We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
About the Role:
This position reports to the Director of Mindfulness, and supports all areas of the production process, with a special focus on meditation series. Responsibilities include:
- Development: researching and recruiting new meditation instructors, developing new projects and series, working with the instructor to plan programming and refine scripts
- Production and Post: managing recording sessions, reviewing assemblies and mixes during post-production, coordinating with the Content Operations team to support the production process
- Serve as lead producer on assigned meditation series
- Research and develop new meditation series
- Develop production plans
- Provide editorial support to instructor (notes, revisions)
- Manage studio recordings
- Support Audio team with input on sound design and music
- Provide QC reviews on assemblies, mixes
- Collaborate with various internal teams to launch Sleep Stories
- Support Talent team with pitch documents for prospective instructors
- Coordinate launch plans with Marketing, Social, and Lifecycle teams
- Coordinate with Partnerships team on special projects
- Work with Content Ops team for scheduling, production management
- Coordinate with Legal team to manage performer agreements
- Passion for mindfulness and meditation
- Candidates must have a serious, long-term meditation practice (5+years), preferably one that is based in secular mindfulness and Vipassana/Insight teachings.
- Familiarity with other meditation practices and teachings is also helpful.
- Strong grasp of the meditation teaching landscape (apps, books, courses)
- Well-rounded balance of creative, producing, and business skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Independent, autonomous, and entrepreneurial
- Generalist understanding of all stages in the production process
- Solid track record as a producer:
- Portfolio of past work
- Experience producing nonfiction content in any genre
- Bonus: Background producing audio content, directing VO recordings
- Editorial skills:
- Developmental and stylistic editing
- Experience working with writers
- Ability to quickly assess a script for clarity, voice, tone, and storytelling
- Knack for giving incisive notes in a clear, collaborative manner
- Bonus: background as a writer
- Sharp communication skills: verbal, writing, presentation
- Excellent project management skills
- Calm under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Adaptability and strong desire to learn new skills
- Comfortable working in a growing technology enterprise (software tools, remote work, flexible hours, fast pace)
- Assertive: Able to communicate among teammates to get things done
- Excellent writer and producer
- Background creating audio content
- Professional experience with or personal passion for nonfiction content genres
- Studies across the meditation landscape (various teachers, courses, retreats, books)
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.