Director of Finance
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Remote Director of Finance
The way you think makes you different. At Wipfli, we embrace that.
Our inclusive culture provides a space for everyone to have a voice. Our growing number of DEI resource groups celebrate diversity and champion awareness throughout Wipfli.
We’re also focused on helping you achieve success with balance. From hybrid schedules and flexible time off to training programs and mental wellness initiatives, we take care of our team.
If you want to be in an environment where you can grow, feed your curiosity and make a difference, Wipfli is the place for you.
Under the direction of the Finance and Administration Partner, the Director of Finance directs the financial activities of the Firm, ensuring timely and accurate reporting, in accordance with Firm policies and procedures. This role can be worked remotely for qualified candidates who do not live near a Wipfli office location.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Recommends to the firm’s Finance and Administration Partner economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the firm.
- Recommends modifications to existing financial programs/policies.
- Provides oversight and management to firm’s Finance Team including accounts payable, cash management, payroll, state and local taxes, and financial reporting.
- Collaborates with Finance Team located in India.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Directs finance and accounting integration of newly merged and acquired firms.
- Prepares reports for firm profit allocations and retirement programs and oversees partner/principal payments.
- Working with the firm’s Risk Partner/General Counsel, manages the firm’s property and casualty insurance coverage for protection against losses and potential liabilities.
- Collaborates with firm’s Tax Partner on income tax matters for the firm and as they relate to partners and principals of the firm.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies, peer associations and trade publications.
- Provides and directs procedures and computer applications systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten+ years of job-related experience
- Experience in a service industry with multiple locations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively while working under pressure and deadlines
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal In order to achieve the goals and objectives of projects, department and Firm.
- Ability to utilize organizational tools to enhance overall project execution while meeting quality control standards
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and manage associate team
We invest in the growth of all our associates through ongoing education and career development. The learn more about how we invest in you, see our learning and development page.
We also invest in a strong work-life balance by providing benefits, such as flexible time off and wellness programs. We provide health, vision and dental insurance, generous family leave, flexible work options, 401(k) contributions and paid time off and holidays.