Director of Finance
Director of Finance
- Salary: $135,000 – $165,000 USD PY
We’re a fully distributed team, currently spanning from California to Australia and we take pride in our ability to function as an effective remote organization. We currently have Commsaurians spread over 15 countries, would you be adding a new flag to the team?
WHO IS COMMSOR?
The next 10 years will be dominated by community-led companies. But creating a successful community is often difficult and time consuming. Commsor helps companies and teams build better communities. We’re creating powerful tools including analytics, automation, and more.
Most important to us at Commsor is that you possess the values we hold dear to us:
We put community first. Communities are the whole reason we exist so we care about them a lot. Seeing communities thrive is pretty much our favorite thing, so we center them in everything we do.
We keep it light. Lightweight, that is. There are no extra points for the most complex solution to a problem. We delight our customers (and ourselves) with iterative results in pursuit of maximizing impact while reducing wasted time, energy, or resources.
We embrace the hard stuff. We welcome change and challenges with a growth mindset and believe every hard thing is an opportunity to become better at what we do.
We own our outcomes. We’re entrepreneurial at heart and put an emphasis on individual responsibility and autonomy. Everyone contributes to our success.
We’re the real deal. Communities flourish when its’ members have an enjoyable and safe space to be their authentic selves. We ensure everyone is encouraged to respectfully speak their mind, challenge the status quo and bring the fun.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- The salary range for this role is between $135,000 and $165,000 annually;
- Fully remote and flexible set up: you get to choose your working hours (and days!), as long as your team is informed and the job gets done, we highly encourage you to take that midday walk, pick up your kids from school, take a well deserved nap or go for a run!
- Unlimited annual leave: there is no limit on how many days off you can take. A rested Commsaurian is a happy and productive one;
- Office set up allowance: when joining Commsor you will get a $2,000 Home Office Stipend towards the purchase of any equipment you might need
- Learning & Development Budget: each year you’ll receive a $1,000 professional development stipend, which can be used to purchase courses, books or webinar tickets
- Enhanced Healthcare plans
- Annual Off-site Retreat: next stop will be Portugal!
- You will receive equity in a startup company that’s well funded and in a growing industry
THIS SOUNDS GREAT, BUT WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
As the Director of Finance and a member of the business operations team, you’ll own all aspects of finance and accounting. By partnering with senior leaders as a finance expert, you’ll influence long-term business strategy and own cross-functional execution of global FP&A initiatives to ensure that we become an efficient, sustainable business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and be responsible for global finance and accounting policies, processes, and execution
- Provide financial analysis, long-range plans, guidance, and reports to the leadership team. Communicate modeling, analyses, and findings in a clear, accurate, and compelling way
- Develop forecasts to support decision-making, provide visibility, and drive financial discipline throughout the organization
- Lead the financial planning and budgeting process in close collaboration with cross-functional leaders
- Communicate business unit financial results and variance drivers to facilitate understanding and action planning
- Establish appropriate financial reporting to support day-to-day management of financials in collaboration with stakeholders
- Support the implementation of new tools and technology; leverage them to develop infrastructure and processes to improve how we do things
- Identify, validate, and quantify risks and opportunities
- Manage relationships with our finance partners
- Educated Formal education in Finance, Business, or similarly highly analytical field
- Experienced 5+ years of relevant FP&A, financial analysis, modeling, or finance business partner experience preferably supporting senior business leaders. Experience in a growth stage software company preferred
- Process Driven You’re someone that geeks out on processes and is a sucker for making sure things stay on track. The goal is to be meticulous enough for quality output but not meticulous to the point of indecision. Huge plus if you come with experience managing complex projects
- Motivated Things move fast here – we’re looking for someone that is able to learn quickly on the spot and isn’t afraid to dive into a new topic.
- An effective communicator You’re great at communicating, without requiring meetings. If something is unclear you reach out and ask questions. You’re comfortable owning, communicating and presenting information on specific projects or initiatives, both in writing and in person.
- Accountable We expect that you can work independently to run with a problem and come up with a solution. Receiving & giving feedback is crucial to that – you should be someone that’s comfortable with a feedback culture