Director, GTM Finance, WordPress Enterprise
WordPress VIP (Enterprise) is the leading digital content platform for global enterprises, trusted by brands like CNN, Salesforce, and Samsung. We're a part of Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, WordPress VIP, Jetpack, Tumblr, and more. Our products combine the unparalleled WordPress user experience with SaaS solutions, enterprise-grade infrastructure, and best-in-class support, serving billions of web requests per day. We're still in the early days of our growth as we push into an enormous market opportunity with over 40% of global websites running on WordPress and WooCommerce facilitating tens of billions worth of online transactions each year.
We're looking for a capable leader to join us and develop our Sales and Marketing finance capabilities. This role will have a significant impact shaping our business. You will be responsible for planning and forecasting our ACV bookings and building a partnership with our go-to-market teams (sales, marketing, customer success). This will involve working directly with senior leadership, including our CRO and CMO, to create and implement strategies that accelerate our growth.
WordPress VIP and Automattic have been a completely distributed company (fully remote) for over 15 years and believe that you should have the flexibility to choose where you live.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop forecast models based on analysis of the sales pipeline, key metrics, and drivers.
- Design and deliver KPIs such as sales productivity, payback ratios, LTV/CAC, and span >marketing ROIs.
- Drive insights into our sales and marketing processes that can unlock improvements and growth acceleration.
- Oversee the quota, capacity planning, and incentive structures for the entire sales and marketing team.
- Partner with revenue accounting and GTM leadership to forecast revenue and expenses.
- Proactively look for and implement improvements to our existing processes and systems.
- Support ad-hoc strategic initiatives through data analysis, research, and modeling for senior leadership.
- 5+ years of experience working in corporate or business-unit financial operations in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment or a background in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking.
- Experience supporting sales and marketing in an enterprise software business with a field-sales model is a must.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is highly preferred.
- Experience designing and managing sales compensation is preferred.
- Strong business and operational orientation, and proven track record of close partnership with the senior leaders.
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to be hands on building financial models.
- A self-starter capable of taking initiative, being proactive, and driving business results without significant supervision.
- A strong proactive communicator and writer, and comfortable with deciding and managing your own priorities.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the .
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.