Credit and Collections Specialist
- USA Only
- 2 applicants
Credit and Collections Specialist
US – Remote
Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand – while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization – including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
Are you a strong communicator who, prioritizes building relationships? Are you versed in dealing with customer credit risk? Are you looking for a dynamic technology environment where new initiatives and consistent learning define daily life? If so, the Credit and Collections Specialist role at ChannelAdvisor may be a great fit for you.
ChannelAdvisor is looking for a strong credit and collections professional with an excellent understanding of credit risks and customer collections best practices to join our team. The successful candidate will be passionate about building relationships with customers as well as internal stakeholders in a global company. This individual will have a history of process improvements that enable efficient cash collections while maintaining excellent customer relationships. The Credit & Collections Specialist is responsible for a global accounts receivable portfolio as assigned by management consistent with the ChannelAdvisor credit and collection policies.
The Credit & Collections Specialist will report to the Senior Manager, Credit and Collections in Morrisville, NC, USA. This role requires interaction with external customers as well as the Sales, Account Management, Finance and Legal departments to initiate and maintain relationships with customers and to collect fees billed to the customer. The successful candidate will be able to evaluate current processes and provide guidance to management based on credit and collections best practices.
- Owning a global portfolio of customer accounts, resolving customer disputes, sending collection letters, calling delinquent customers, assisting with account queries and requesting money from customers.
- Processing payment batches and updating information for BACS, credit cards, etc.
- Establishing initial credit terms for customers and periodically re-evaluating terms on existing customers.
- Reviewing and enforcing contractual terms for customer payments.
- Resolving global cases in multiple queues within Salesforce.
- Disablement of delinquent customer accounts as well as enablement when accounts have been settled.
- Preparing management reporting and various account reconciliations as requested.
- Monthly reporting of delinquencies and collection status for your region.
- Maintain updated/correct customer contact information.
- Uploading customer invoices to various portals.
- Assistance in processing Certificates of Residency requests from customers.
- Completing ad hoc reporting and additional project requests as deemed necessary by management.
- Working directly with customers and other internal departments to consistently deliver superior customer service as well as to support company initiatives.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on professional credit and collections experience in a corporate environment
- Thorough understanding of credit and collections best practices
- Ability to represent the Finance department favorably with customers, other departments and external third parties
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced goal and deadline driven environment
- Ability to work with high volumes of transactions and customers
- Proactive mindset, a positive, can-do attitude and passion for working collaboratively
- Experience working in a fast-paced software/technology company is a plus
- Preferable prior success working in a global team
- Experience using Salesforce or NetSuite software is a plus
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- Competitive time off package with 20 Days of PTO, 9 Holidays, 7 Sick days, 2 Floating holidays, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.