Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services. We serve academia through a variety of editing, translation, and publication and research support services. We serve both individual researchers and institutions such as research centers, publishers, and corporates. We are looking for a freelance copyeditor to help polish the language of research articles and format them according to specific guidelines.
What will you do:
- Copyedit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English
- Format various elements of the journal article as per given guidelines
- Review manuscripts copyedited by other editors to ensure that quality conforms to language and formatting standards
- Crosscheck document metadata such as references using software tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree
- Prior experience in journal manuscript copyediting (Non-mandatory)
- Familiarity with AMA style preferred (Non-mandatory)
Cactus Communications has international subsidiaries and offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide.
Our selection process involves an online test. We will contact you within one business day with an update on your test. Please access this link: https://bit.ly/flexcopyeditor
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or face any problems while applying.
*Please note that we are currently not hiring from the State of New York. You could email us your resumes on the email address listed and we will let you know if there are any suitable openings in the future.