Coordinator, Finance and Administration
Coordinator, Finance and Administration Remote job
Are you passionate about nonprofit business operations and making a positive impact on the environment? Do you thrive in collaborative work environments and value diverse and unique learning opportunities? Are you eager to connect your personal interests to a mission-driven organization that supports professional growth? NEEF has an excellent opportunity for a Coordinator, Finance and Administration to join our team.
The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is a national leader in building public environmental literacy. Congressionally chartered in 1990 as a 501c3 nonprofit to complement the work of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), NEEF is a non-partisan, non-advocacy organization working to make the environment more accessible, relatable, relevant, and connected to the daily lives of all Americans. NEEF collaborates with respected organizations, from both the public and private sector, to develop programs and trainings, organize events, and fund projects that empower people to positively impact our environment. NEEF’s major partners include Toyota, 3M, and International Paper as well as multiple federal government agencies. Through its network, NEEF aims to inspire the public to learn about their relationship to the environment and increase their environmental involvement.
We are seeking an energetic, creative, self-starter to play a key role in supporting NEEF’s finance, grantmaking, and HR work. The Coordinator, Finance and Administration will oversee the day-to-day operations of NEEF’s distributed workforce and accounts payable process. Under the guidance of the Vice President, Finance and Administration and working closely with the Director, Grants Administration, the Coordinator will work cross-functionally to ensure the successful execution of NEEF’s internal financial processes and grantmaking
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Finance & Administration Function
- Manages timesheets and paid leave for employees in the timesheet portal and for month-end reconciliation by accountants.
- Manages the Accounts Payable process, including weekly payment process and annual issuance of 1099’s to contractors.
- Reconciles corporate credit card spending and reporting in QuickBooks and Bill.com.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly financial summaries using QuickBooks and Excel.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the distributed office, including overseeing vendor contracts, monitoring incoming mail, etc.
- Serves as point of contact for building staff and ensures facilities and equipment support a functioning office environment.
- Works with IT contractor to ensure remote staff have equipment and support as needed.
- Manages offsite storage and inventory.
- Supports the Vice President, Finance & Administration with audit materials as needed.
- Collaborates with the Director, Grants Administration to coordinate the launch, close, and evaluation of NEEF’s grants.
- Handles the administration of the grants email inbox and voicemails and provides tech support to grantees and applicants.
- Serves as a resource on an ad hoc basis when extra capacity is needed.
- Supports the HR functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in office administration, accounting/bookkeeping, grant administration, or relevant field, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Some accounting and/or financial reporting knowledge or experience required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting software a plus.
- High level of interpersonal and collaboration skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and frequent deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with grantmaking a plus.
Salary: The salary range for this position is $50,000-55,000 and is commensurate with experience. NEEF offers excellent benefits, a collaborative and learning environment, flexible work schedules, and values work-life balance. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a long-term impact at a growing organization. The office is in Washington, D.C. and is metro accessible. Our team is currently teleworking due to the pandemic. Preference will be given candidates who live in the Washington, D.C. area.
At NEEF, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve.
NEEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. NEEF is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment.