- USA Only
- 5 applicants
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Quartzy is seeking a Controller to join our growing Accounting and Finance team to help support the function in order to maximize efforts and efficiency.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
You will be responsible for managing and overseeing accounting operations including monthly/yearly close, financial reporting, internal control, streamlining our processes and overall support/guidance to our team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and play an important role in growing and maintaining the accounting infrastructure.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Manage all accounting and finance activities including, but not limited to general ledger, tax, payroll, accounts payable and receivable
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual financial close
- Hire, supervise and mentor staff on accounting functions
- Maintain accounting procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Enhance the internal controls in accordance with SOX
- Act as a liaison between auditors, external partners and departments within the company
- Be in charge of improving existing systems to increase efficiency, automate activities and enhance processes to reduce reporting timeline
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 10 years of related experience preferably with a growth stage company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- Big 4 firm experience preferred
- Inventory accounting experience
- NetSuite experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - We cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - Participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - Take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.