- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
at Coalition (View all jobs)
Remote – US
Founded in 2017, Coalition combines cybersecurity and insurance to help organizations prevent digital risk before it strikes. Coalition’s Active Insurance policies combine traditional coverage with a digital risk assessment and monitoring technology to help small and medium-sized businesses protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich North America, Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies for 2022.
About the Role
The Claims team at Coalition stands apart for our outstanding level of consumer service and knowledgeable handling of claims for our insured customers. As a team, Claims is about finding ways to help our consumers find a solution to cyber risk. As we continue to expand, we are seeking an experienced claims professional to join our cyber claims team and lend a hand in handling intricate primary Cyber, Tech, and Media policies. You will also provide assistance to the underwriting team and manage/collaborate with a variety of vendors namely – breach coaches, defense counsel, and coverage counsel for Coalition and its partner carriers.
- Handle the intake of cyber events, including the coordination with breach counsel, forensic investigators and other vendors
- Evaluate full pending of claims in affiliation with the posting and recommending accurate reserves
- Maintain accurate file documentation/information in our claims system
- Assess liability and damage data in affiliation with intricate claims, maintain appropriate documentation
- Assess insurance coverage issues
- Intelligently guide and track third-party vendors and service providers work and spend
- Maintain and develop relationships with brokers, various positions within an insureds’ business including: risk managers, general counsels, and a variety of vendors
- Identify settlement opportunities to maximize impact
- Collaborate in the defense and resolution of claims
- Provide data and reason based-informational assistance to underwriters
- Provide assistance to business development with regard to marketing
- Liaise with partner carriers on a daily basis
Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience handling cyber, tech, and/or media claims
- Must be licensed to adjust cyber claims in the state you are domiciled
- Demonstrated experience to work as part of a team, interact with others, meet goals, and successfully perform in a changing work environment
- Excellent communication and interactive experience
- Team-oriented with aptitude to excel in a collegial environment but work proactively
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $95,000 – $200,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
We’re a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
Recent press releases:
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Coalition’s very foundation is built on respecting and encouraging diversity and inclusion across the organization. Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.