Chief Financial Officer
- USA Only
Chief Financial Officer
- Full time
ABOUT HELLO ALICE
Hello Alice is a digital passport through entrepreneurship, connecting small business owners and entrepreneurs to the resources they need to grow and scale their companies, regardless of industry, geography, capitalization, prior experience or cultural constraints. We’re a passionate team building a rapidly-growing, predictive technology that supports over 350,000 small business owners from all 50 states and beyond through our free digital platform, helloalice.com. Hello Alice serves all entrepreneurs, and we wholeheartedly believe that if New Majority business owners — women, people of color, those with military connection, the LGBTQ+ community, entrepreneurs with disabilities, founders from small towns, and immigrants — are provided better access to capital and growth resources, they can change the world, positively impact our economy, and generate jobs for all. Hello Alice is a venture-backed company with solid financials and a notable list of investors. With 1,100%+ 12-month acquisition growth and 600%+ LTM revenue growth, this is your opportunity to lead a blitzscaling venture.
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all locations are considered. All employees receive attractive compensation, equity and benefit packages.
As the Chief Financial Officer at Hello Alice, you’ll be responsible for leading our growth budget from Series B financing, working alongside company executives in marketing, sales, product, administration and partner success. The CFO will be a lead strategist on the equitable access to credit program launching this year, including the small business financing capacity within our Fintech platform. This role reports directly to the company cofounder.
As CFO, you’ll be identifying and supporting strategic growth opportunities, including the rollout of soon-to-be-launched financial products for the small business market, alongside our Fortune 500 partners and premier national organizational partners. Hello Alice is building best-in-class capital access programs targeting the New Majority of entrepreneurs, and a solid understanding of credit and payments is a must for this role.
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Support strategy, operations and financial planning with financial modeling, data analysis and insights.
- Ensure ample company runway through responsible use of funds.
- Drive the company’s financial planning, implementing strong financial controls.
- Develop and oversee overall company budget through collaboration with the executive team.
- Identify high margin growth opportunities based on data and learnings from product and marketing teams.
- Support cofounders and executive team in leading and launching the Fintech solution.
- Drive the company’s financial planning and advise cofounders on fundraising and capital structure.
- Partner with HR to establish compensation, bonus structures and incentive plans.
- Manage internal and external finance/audit professionals and oversee all major vendor contracts.
- Proven experience as CFO, Director of Finance, Treasurer in a startup or Fintech environment with prior experience in corporate accounting or investment banking a plus.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA and/or CPA/CFA is highly desirable.
- Will provide a strong strategic, finance skill set evidenced by the ability to analyze business models, forecast financing needs and raise capital.
- Experience leading a finance team and company through Series B financing.
- Experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic environment with the ability to easily adapt to change and re-prioritize.
- In depth knowledge of startup financial law and risk management practices.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems coupled with strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Highly experienced in growing and developing a team.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
These are some of the characteristics that thrive in our diverse team, and specifically within this role.
- Self-Starter: We’re a fast-paced team that likes to think outside the box, so dig in to never-been-done-before projects, and figure out who can best help you execute.
- Data-Driven Problem Solver: Synthesize information, then use intuition and experience to design the right solution.
- Relentless Attention to Detail: You thrive in the details, with an eye for trends and analytics and an ability to tie everything back to the bottom line.
- Default to Action: Time is of the essence as work to solve the barriers for our business owners, so our team prioritizes quick decisions based on sound judgment. It’s also how we learn quickly, gather the right information, and refine our solutions.
- Creative Planning: Put every resource to its highest and best use, maximizing our runway and providing the company an opportunity to test, learn, and iterate in order to sustain market leadership.
- Be Scrappy: We operate with an entrepreneurial mindset, starting with small budgets to prove our theories. Every team member contributes to profits and revenue, and is responsible for optimizing organizational resources, whether it’s time, money, or energy. We love to do a lot with a little, but aren’t afraid to invest when an idea shows traction.
- Clear Communication: Finance is your expertise, but responsible fiscal management is the responsibility of the entire team, which means you’ll need to be gifted at breaking down complex insights into clear actions for your teammates.