Business Systems Strategy and Process Improvement Analyst
Title: Business Systems Strategy & Process Improvement Analyst (work from home)
Location: United States
About the job:
The American Red Cross is searching for self-motivated and independent Business Systems Strategy and Process Improvement Analyst to support the Biomedical Services Business Systems Integrations modernization efforts. This multi-year initiative focuses on large-scale software implementation and data management projects in a highly regulated environment.
The Business Systems Strategy and Process Improvement Analyst will work on a wide variety of projects with tight timelines. Successful candidates must have strong analytical expertise, solid verbal and written communication skills, tactical & strategic strengths, a proven academic track record and a keen attention to detail. And lastly, you must be a self-starter who can come up to speed quickly on new technologies and business acumen.
This position is term-limited, benefits eligible: 2 years with possibility of extension. The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States, working East Coast hours. Typical days begin at 8:30/9am EST.
MBA is a plus!
What you’ll be doing:
1. Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align solutions with business initiatives improving processes by understanding and controlling variation, thus improving predictability of business processes.
2. Formulate strategies working with Business Stakeholders, BSI leads, IT leadership and Third-Party Vendors around strategic planning to replace or enhancing current technologies in Biomedical Services.
3. Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align solutions with business initiatives improving processes by understanding and controlling variation, thus improving predictability of business processes.
4. Identify processes for improvement, documents existing processes, identifies and analyzes gaps between current processes and the desired state, designs new processes, develops process performance measures and participates in planning the transition to a new process. Assist in defining the roadmap for executing strategic plans and monitoring progress against plan
5. Prepare business cases, key decision slides and white paper -presentation materials to support large spend requests or key decision support.
What we need from you:
3-5+ years of overall experience with a professional consulting service, conducting strategic assessments and processes or working on large-scale software implementations.
Ability to think strategically and creatively while making data-driven decisions.
Analytical minded with problem-solving aptitude.
Experience working across corporate functions.
Excellent organizational capabilities, written and verbal communication skills,
Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills, capable of creating formal PowerPoint presentations and data visualizations in executive briefings.
Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business, engineering, or related field, MBA is highly preferred
Our Commitment to COVID-19 Safety: The American Red Cross requires all new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of Employment, except in states where it is prohibited by law. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment or seek an exemption. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation at the time of offer and your request must be approved prior to hire.
What’s in it for you:
For those candidates located in Colorado or Connecticut, the annual salary range for this position is $100K+/-. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work, retirement, getting healthy and more. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
Stay Healthy: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
Relax with Time Away: PTO + Holidays
Save for your Future: 401K with up to 4% Match
Employee Assistance: 24/7 Mental Health Resources
Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
Service Awards and Recognition: 1 year + 5 year
Career Development: Pay for Performance, Ongoing Education