- USA Only
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Pay: $40,000 – $45,000
Job type: Full-time
Number of Openings for this Position: 1
Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with matching contribution
- Work from home
Are you a Bookkeeper that is ready for something new and likes the flexibility of working from home? Are you tired of the same mundane grind that comes with the traditional CPA firm? How would you like to join a close-knit team where every day brings on its own set of challenges, and your hard work is directly seen through our clients’ successes!
We are seeking a Remote Bookkeeper to work with our firm full time that is ready to be a part of our team. Our team of 8 employees are fun loving, energetic and fully dedicated to our client’s successes. The perfect candidate will have no problem working with two Special Force’s Green Berets, a US transplant who now lives and works from Scotland, a wandering traveler who works from her RV and four sassy Texans. We are growing quickly, and we would like to be able to train our employees up and promote from within. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about helping small business owners, that is detail oriented, can work with the CPA to ensure accuracy of clients’ accounts, can stay on top of ever-changing processes, and shows initiative. You will be responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of a company’s financial recordkeeping including financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, payroll, reconciling bank statements, and assisting with annual tax forms. Our attention to detail and building and maintaining a strong relationship with our clients is what sets us apart from other firms.
Williamson Advisors is fast-growing firm that based out of Austin Texas. We serve clients in a range of professions, but our biggest markets are the automotive, real estate, and startup industries. We are a one stop solution for our clients’ needs by providing strategic tax planning, tax preparation, bookkeeping, strategic business planning, and Profit Frist implementation. We work with our clients throughout the year to help them build their businesses and reduce their tax burdens, while managing their day-to-day books. We actively work with our clients to implement smart business minded decisions that will ultimately help their business grow.
If this sounds like the job for you, then please apply now and include your most recent resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Work with CPA to ensure accuracy of clients’ accounts.
- Take on vague requests and understanding the questions to ask to complete the task.
- Write letters and emails as requested and required. This is a CPA firm – and written communication and emails must be grammar and spell checked and pretty much perfect when it goes out the door. There are no exceptions.
- Write procedures and processes. This is a paperless office so the filing system is detailed and precise.
- Stay on top of ever-changing priorities and projects.
- Be an independent thinker and find ways to get things done. This is not a job where you will be micro-managed.
Sample of Duties:
- Prepare 1099’s
- Prepare W-2’s
- Enter bank transactions manually.
- Update bank and/or credit card transactions via a bank download.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts.
- Pay bills.
- Prepare invoices and receive payments.
- Code payables.
- Enter payroll, pay payroll taxes and prepare quarterly payroll forms.
- Manage incoming client emails.
- File documents.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online required.
- At least 2 years of work experience in an office environment.
- Fresh energy and happiness with a natural helpful disposition focused on client service.
- Have self-motivation and multi-tasking abilities – this will be a virtual position.
- Able to solve problems independently and creatively – including installing, learning, and teaching software programs – for example, time and billing systems, Slack, Zoom Meeting and researching for new and better products to allow us to stay on the cutting edge of available technology.
- Capable of assisting clients and staff with their needs promptly and professionally.
- Detailed oriented and extremely organized
- A polished and professional demeanor
- Ability to handle a direct style of communication without oversensitivity.
- Interest in learning new skills and requesting additional responsibilities.
- Excellent writing skills